Inliners International
Posted By: tom c a new inline in our fleet - 03/27/22 06:05 AM
[Linked Image]I just got an inliner that I love tinkering with, a 1949 Studebaker 2R5, half ton pickup. It has set in a carport, unstarted since 2005. I got it and started it for the first time this week. It now runs great. I'd love to find an aluminum head and intake manifold for the little (169 ci) flathead six. The other Studebaker, my daily driver 1955 has a 4.3 Chevy V6 in it , but we won't talk about that on here.

Attached picture IMG_27032022_071050_(150_x_150_pixel).jpg
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: a new inline in our fleet - 03/27/22 08:17 PM
Wow, Thanks for bringing a Stude to us! Great trucks and greatly under represented here. Bill Cathcart used to specialize in Studebaker flathead sixes and made many parts. Sadly he is gone and I don't know if anyone continued his business. Here is a link to him and the Studebaker Drivers Club, a great group. We have some Studrbaker guys in our chapter and I know one replaced his hot rodded flathead and replace it with a 292 Chevy six. I'll see if he has or know of parts.

Cathcart
Posted By: DoubleDingo Re: a new inline in our fleet - 03/29/22 04:25 PM
There is a nice red Studebaker step side around the corner from me. I haven't heard it run, I am always about a block away when I see him driving to the intersection, or it is parked in his driveway. But it is very clean. They are nice trucks! There used to be a nice long bed fleetside down the road from me. It was also red, and very clean.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board