Inliners International
Posted By: tukin55 offy intake.... - 01/05/08 11:12 PM
i just got an offy dual carb intake for my pretty stock 235 and i was wondering what carbs to go with. i found these http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NO...buretor+-+Remfd would they work good or do yall have a better sugeston.
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: offy intake.... - 01/05/08 11:27 PM
Although there is plenty of critzism of Rochester Carbs, on my OFFY intake I use a pair of "B"'s I bought some time ago on Ebay at a much cheaper price then NAPA. I did however rebuild them.
Posted By: HiTork Re: offy intake.... - 01/06/08 01:23 PM
For probably a lot less money you can get a pair of new Carter/Webers or Holley/Webbers from Langdon's. While they are not period correct they are new technology vs worn out. A big plus, Tom's linkage is bullit proof and works like butta. Langdon's Stovebolt should be linked to this site, check it out.
Posted By: tukin55 Re: offy intake.... - 01/06/08 10:02 PM
I have all the linkage I just need cards.
Posted By: Fla54Chevy3100 Re: offy intake.... - 01/06/08 11:05 PM
Ditto on the Carter/Webers! I'm running them on my 60-235 in a 54 pickup. They were flawless right out of the box. I've got a photo log of the install in my Webshots "Tips and Tricks."

Have put 3500 miles on them since I installed without so much as a hiccup. Great bang for the buck!

Dave
Posted By: Dennis Re: offy intake.... - 01/06/08 11:07 PM
I agree with Jim! I had a pair of those Carter-Webbers from Tom and they proved to be the most trouble-free carbs I ever used. I barely had to touch them from out of the box. I used them on a 181 Mercruiser and that sucker started easily, no matter how hot or cold, was strong throughout the rpm range and got excellent mileage.
Posted By: tukin55 Re: offy intake.... - 01/08/08 11:57 AM
if i run the carters wont i have to do some type of vacum
© Inliners International Bulletin Board