Inliners International
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 What the ???? - 01/03/13 04:09 PM
My son gave me a block and crank last week and today i had some time to see what it was. At first glance i said 292 with fuel pump,motor mount,dist, location. Next i noticed it had a one piece valve cover plate abour 4 inches tall. I could not find any casting #s in the block. After setting and looking at the thing for 10 mins. It hit me that everything is on the wrong side!!!! A mirrow image... Am i crazy..have I just lost it ??? Any ideas ?? I can post photos if needed....J
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: What the ???? - 01/04/13 12:27 AM
Is it a Ford 300?
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: What the ???? - 01/04/13 01:50 AM
Not a Ford, checked crank and its a 7 mains,12 counter weights, and casting # 328880, made in mexico. I have my son looking for the head and side cover plate. He says it came out of a Toyota Land Crusier. A Chevy bell housing will fit perfect. This motor is a dead ringer for a 292 every where except the side cover. It is a one piece unit but shorter than a 292. and fuel pump,dist,oil filter on left side. I will post some photo tomorrow...J
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: What the ???? - 01/04/13 03:52 AM
Toyota also made an Inline engine that looked identical to the Stovebolts that also was put into Landcruisers, its probably just a new version of that, just Japanese.
Posted By: hendi1133 Re: What the ???? - 01/04/13 12:25 PM
The casting number is for a 60's-70's 292 though.
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: What the ???? - 01/04/13 03:30 PM
MY BAD...!!The word ASSUME intered in to this post big time. I dragged the block out in the light this morning and finished removing the plastic bag and to my surprise Tom was right..It is a Ford 300. All this stuff was vatted and the crank and block were placed in plastic bags. All the small parts were in plastic Walmart containers. All this sutff including the bellhousing were Chevrolet. The crank and rods are Chevy. I just assumed (ASS O ME) It was a Toyota motor till i looked closer and found 4 inch bore and tried the bell housing. The guys at the machine shop just loaded the wrong block..My Son will work all that out. Thanks for helping me sort all this out.. J
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: What the ???? - 01/05/13 01:32 AM
Good thing you figured it out before you got it all together. Just think of how many cuss words you conserved. \:D
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: What the ???? - 01/05/13 12:30 PM
Wouldn't put it pass me. The older i get the more my brain get ahead of what my eyes are seeing !!!!
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: What the ???? - 01/05/13 02:39 PM
You should hang out with me, my brain doesn't get ahead of anything. \:\(
© Inliners International Bulletin Board