Inliners International
Posted By: bumblebee Mechanical fuel pump - 04/18/16 08:53 PM
Newbie to the wonderful world of inliners. Building a 250 for dirt track racing. Want to run in the 5000 - 5500 rpm range. In the past I ran an Olds 350 in the same rpm range and kept popping the diaphrams in the stock mechanical fuel pump. Ended up going with a HV Edelbrock fuel pump. The question is how many rpms will a stock mechanical fuel pump hold up to? Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Electric fuel pumps are not a option.
Posted By: canadainal Re: Mechanical fuel pump - 04/19/16 11:09 PM
mine has held for 4 years of drag racing shift at 5000 rpm running a 650 dp never had a problem
Posted By: Wagoneer Re: Mechanical fuel pump - 04/24/16 05:32 PM
If you're not going to rev over 5000, you should be OK with a mechanical pump. If I were doing it, I'd run an electric pump unless the rules say that you have to used a mechanical pump. I've had too many problems with mechanical fuel pumps, and none with electric ones.
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: Mechanical fuel pump - 04/24/16 06:07 PM
He already stated an electric pump is not an option. He is circle track racing and electric pumps are strictly prohibited in that type of racing.
Posted By: chevy2inreno Re: Mechanical fuel pump - 04/25/16 04:08 PM
I ran a stock fuel pump on the street and routinely hit 5,000 rpm with my daily driver 250. My unscientific analysis suggests that I changed a lot more fuel pumps than I thought I should have. LOL
© Inliners International Bulletin Board