Inliners International
Posted By: BIG BALD HEAD 75 bolts for intake and exhaust - 09/27/09 02:29 PM
I have a 292 that I want to bolt up my intake and exhaust manifolds. I bought this motor as a basket case and I need to know what bolts do I use for the intake and exhaust manifold. Non Integrated head

tx

Big Bald Head
Posted By: LGriffin_#4385 Re: bolts for intake and exhaust - 09/27/09 05:26 PM
The studs you can get at your local parts or hardware. They are a 3/8-16 into the block, and 3/8-20 for the nuts and washers.

Do you have the factory washers?

LG
Posted By: BIG BALD HEAD 75 Re: bolts for intake and exhaust - 09/27/09 09:54 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you know how long they are? No I don't have the factory washer, are they different than most?
Posted By: LGriffin_#4385 Re: bolts for intake and exhaust - 09/28/09 12:12 AM
The studs are 3 inches a little longer, shorter depending on your preference.

The washers are cupped and oblong the center pair are longer. If you go down to the post on langdon headers for a 250. Find carolines truck post his pic 120 has a couple on the intake.

LG
Posted By: BIG BALD HEAD 75 Re: bolts for intake and exhaust - 09/28/09 08:14 AM
I appreciate everyone's efforts. This forum is awesome
Posted By: jimmy six #35 Re: bolts for intake and exhaust - 09/30/09 12:25 PM
I use studs on everything I can. I have also eliminated those "bathtub" washers by going to a combination of centering washers and bellville washers depending on the distancing between the manifolds. They can be found in the the McMaster-Carr catalog. The studs can then be shorter. I also us a bellville on the crankshaft nut (I stud that too) ..Good Luck
© Inliners International Bulletin Board