Inliners International
Posted By: 57chevywagonman Introduction - 02/03/16 12:32 AM
Hi,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am new here. I am a fan of all things mechanical and I have built a 1923 model T with a 1952 Chevy 216.

I have tried posting to the swap meet but for some reason there does not seem to be a button to click on for this area. Any ideas why?

All the best!

Mike cool
Posted By: lowboygmc Re: Introduction - 02/03/16 09:12 AM
Have to ask the moderator to post in there send Wilber a message he will let you in
Posted By: nln6pinto Re: Introduction - 02/04/16 01:46 AM
57chevywagonman,

Welcome to the BB!.
Posted By: nln6pinto New Member Introductions - 02/04/16 01:51 AM
I have been meaning to do this for a bit.But thought it would be good for those new to the BB to introduce themselves and tell us a bit about themselves and their rides/projects.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: New Member Introductions - 02/04/16 10:53 PM
Welcome BB! 57chevywagonman
Posted By: Mark_from_Australia Re: New Member Introductions - 02/07/16 05:21 PM
I watched the build of your T on the HAMB, nice car
Posted By: bumblebee Re: New Member Introductions - 04/18/16 09:10 PM
Been a long time fan of inliners. Have seen 3 that ran like scalded dogs on dirt tracks decades ago. Opportuniity to race one has come up and I think the time is right to go Old School on them. I look forward to learning more.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: New Member Introductions - 04/18/16 11:09 PM
Welcome to the board. Anything that is all left turns in the dirt is my favorite kind of racing. Inline power is just better. I've never done it with 4 wheels. grin
Posted By: nln6pinto Re: New Member Introductions - 04/22/16 03:02 PM
Bumblebee,
Welcome, What class vintage or a sportsman stocker?
Posted By: Wagoneer Re: New Member Introductions - 05/02/16 12:22 AM
Well, I'm sort of new and sort of not. I've been in Inliners for at least 11 years. The oldest membership roster I can find is dated 2005, and I think that's about when I signed up with Inliners. My original ID on the BB was 64NoavWagon, and I think I had around 350 posts under that ID. However, the last couple of years I haven't been logging on to the BB, and whatever I had my password written on got lost, and I couldn't remember my password. Repeated attempts at having my password emailed were either ignored to emailed to the wrong address, but the end result was that I still couldn't log on.

So I created a new ID and a new password, and this one I wrote down and filed it with the rest of my passwords.

My current ride is a '64 Chevy II Nova Station Wagon with a 250, T-5 5 speed trans, CPP mini subframe kit, rack & pinion steering,
heavy duty springs, lowered 1", 10 bolt rear end with Positraction, front & rear anti-sway bars, 4 wheel disc brakes, Tom Lowe finned valve cover, headers, glass packs, and Camaro IROC Z-28 aluminum wheels and B.F. Goodrich T/A radial tires. The car still needs a lot of interior and body & paint work plus a new grill, but it's driveable now.

I'll probably be on the Bulletin Boards fairly regularly from now on.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: New Member Introductions - 05/02/16 02:24 AM
Good to have you back. It is possible to find your old posts and when the new people get a handle on this you can probably get your old password back too. If you want it. Your wagon sounds great. I saw one at a show yesterday.
Posted By: big bill I.I.#4698 Re: New Member Introductions - 05/02/16 10:16 AM
Wagoneer
Are you going to come to the convention in Dayton, Ohio in July? Don't know where you live but it is a great opportunity to meet a lot of people face to face plus we have many interesting places to visit. hope to see you there.
Posted By: Wagoneer Re: New Member Introductions - 05/02/16 08:48 PM
Originally Posted By: big bill I.I.#4698
Wagoneer
Are you going to come to the convention in Dayton, Ohio in July? Don't know where you live but it is a great opportunity to meet a lot of people face to face plus we have many interesting places to visit. hope to see you there.

Bill,
I'm going to miss the convention this year. I've been to a couple in Denver, one in Reno, one in Colorado Springs, one in San Antonio, and I think I might have been to another one somewhere......lol. But since the Nova's not really ready for a LONG trip, driving from Boise, Idaho to Ohio's just not gonna work. So I might make the next one, once we figure out where it's going to be. If you were at any of those, I've probably met you.

Cheers,
Zeke
Posted By: nln6pinto Re: New Member Introductions - 05/02/16 09:27 PM
Wagoneer,
Pm sent to you, and Welcome back!
Posted By: Blackwater Re: New Member Introductions - 05/28/16 01:21 PM
I introduced myself to a few of you in other threads. I'm Blackwater. You'll find that handle used on a couple of other forums as well. I'm a retired mechanic/fabricator/hat maker. I'm a competitive cowboy action shooter, former drag racing crew chief and driver, motorcyclist, and current singer in a rock and roll band for the last twenty years.

I have a running Rat Rod project that I'm working on improving the performance of the 153 ChevyII power plant. It's one of several projects that keep me busy since forced retirement a few years ago.

I'm glad to be here and happy to share what knowledge I have as well as taking in whatever ideas I can put to use on this and other projects.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: New Member Introductions - 05/28/16 02:21 PM
Hot rods, guns, guitars, and cowboy hats you can't be all bad. Welcome to the mess.
Posted By: nln6pinto Re: New Member Introductions - 05/28/16 02:46 PM
Blackwater Welcome aboard.
Posted By: Psycho Daddy Re: New Member Introductions - 10/05/16 09:31 PM
I am Psycho Daddy, my kids saddled me with this handle since I was less than typical when they were growing up.I have competed in various forms of 2 and 4 wheel racing. I am currently doing a 54 Belair 2 door sedan. I had always appreciated the 6 now after 2 kids and a wife through college and winding down in my career it is my time.
Posted By: nln6pinto Re: New Member Introductions - 10/05/16 10:51 PM
Psycho Daddy,
Welcome aboard.
Posted By: Blackwater Re: New Member Introductions - 10/13/16 09:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Psycho Daddy
I am Psycho Daddy, my kids saddled me with this handle since I was less than typical when they were growing up.I have competed in various forms of 2 and 4 wheel racing. I am currently doing a 54 Belair 2 door sedan. I had always appreciated the 6 now after 2 kids and a wife through college and winding down in my career it is my time.

Go for it!! My son now looks at me a little differently. I coached baseball and basketball, and ran a five and sometimes six car drag racing team when he was a kid. Now I'm hotrodding an old inline 4banger!!

I'm just plain NUTS!!!
Posted By: mick53 Re: New Member Introductions - 09/28/17 11:12 PM
Hi folks, my name is Mick. I live in North central Indiana. I'm a contract construction project superintendent. I have been building a dry ice plant in PA. since February. I should be done soon and plan to take the rest of the year off to work on my truck. I have a 53 chevy 1/2 ton pickup. I bought this truck in 1980 when I got out of the Navy in California. It was my work truck for 9 years. In 1989 I drove it to Indiana and parked it in the barn. Early this year I cleaned the points poured some gas in it and it started. Game on. It has been my dream for a long time to do this the truck the way it deserves. So that being said, I have a blown 292 coming from Gaerte engines and the journey begins. Looking forward to getting all the advice from everyone.
Posted By: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER Re: New Member Introductions - 09/28/17 11:57 PM
Cool.
Be sure to post pics as you progress.
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: New Member Introductions - 09/29/17 11:22 AM
Following.

Great to hear you are pursuing your dreams!
Posted By: nln6pinto Re: New Member Introductions - 09/29/17 09:55 PM
mick53 Welcome!
Looking forward to seeing engine pics .keep us posted on the progress.
Posted By: mick53 Re: New Member Introductions - 09/29/17 10:31 PM
So kind everyone looking forward to to the journey as much as the destination.
Posted By: 53chevy Re: New Member Introductions - 09/30/17 11:34 AM
Welcome Mick53 Was in your neck of the woods last week at the Ducktail Run. A lot of really nice car in IN and at the both the Ducktail and James Dean Runs.
Posted By: Blackwater Re: New Member Introductions - 10/01/17 11:25 AM
Like I said in my reply to your post in the other thread, WELCOME!!!
© Inliners International Bulletin Board