Inliners International
Posted By: 52er Leaking glass bowl on Holley carbs - 01/12/08 05:42 PM
I put together a neat set of triple carbs on a modified Chrysler flat six intake---they work great----except they leak around the glass bowl. I did notice that the gaskets for the bowl were not the cork style used on them originally. The gasket set was from GP Sorenson--what kind of gasket set did you use? Does anyone have a solution? Are the bowl gasket avaliable seperately? Want to run these carbs, they look so cool!!! Need solution---help!! Thanks 52er
Posted By: 52er Re: Leaking glass bowl on Holley carbs - 01/16/08 01:41 AM
Found that the gaskets for the fuel bowl are bad--when you squeeze the gasket fuel comes out--the rest in the kit seem OK. Did find some cork gaskets, I think this will solve the leak....Thanks
Posted By: triumphleroy Re: Leaking glass bowl on Holley carbs - 01/20/08 07:42 PM
What is or was source for the cork gaskets and did they solve the leak? \:\) \:\) \:\)
Posted By: 52er Re: Leaking glass bowl on Holley carbs - 01/21/08 12:08 AM
The gaskets haven`t come yet--should be here this week. Between a buddy and myself we need five gaskets. He had the same kits and had the leak first. He cut some gaskets from the cork-rubber material and hasn`t had them leak for about a week ---so far so good. The ones I will be getting are all cork. Forgot where I got them, but he had nine left and I bought them all. After we share what we got I will keep the rest for spares. I think I got them from the carb doc or carb king??---the guys name was Rusty.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board