12 Port History
Casting Numbers
Online Store
Tech Tips
Become a Member
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Engines Jump to new posts
Re: FIXING AN OIL LEAK -GMC 302 OldCarKook 4 hours ago
I used BEST rear main and also added the pin to the lower rear bearing cup. Works well. The key to rope seals is packing the ends in tightly. I cut a drum stick end into a square and used a bearing seal packer together with the drumstick "pusher" to pack the rope as tightly as possible before cutting it.
2 38 Read More
Swap Meet Jump to new posts
Intake carbs and headers Warren grimm 4 hours ago
Place this jewel in your engine compartment. Fenton intake complete with heater plate and fittings, Rebuilt Carter-Weber 32/32 carbs from Langdon's Stovebolt (3), New adaptors and air cleaners from Langdon's Stovebolt, steel headers from Speedway, fuel line from Charlie Price's Vintage Parts. These in total cost over $1200.00 Some of these parts are out of production. US destinations will be shipped from 13640 on your dime. Sold as a package. US$700.00 OBO

four one six 4 one 9 seven 99 eight
0 4 Read More
Re: Best RPM for a 292 six. Beater of the Pack 18 hours ago
First you'd have to match all of the components to the kind of performance you want. My goal is a better truck engine than a stock 292, which is a good truck engine. For the first go around I won't use the turbo until I can see what the cam, higher compression , and TBI do. But yes I think with a basically stock 292 with some forged pistons a turbo and TBI would improve performance not sure about milage. Stuffing more air & fuel in it likely would not give better milage except you might not be working it very hard. Built for higher rpm who knows?
7 154 Read More
Swap Meet Jump to new posts
Re: Searching for finned aluminum side covers tlowe #1716 Yesterday at 12:49 PM
12Bolt does have them in stock now.
3 139 Read More
Re: 261 Oil leak Beater of the Pack Yesterday at 01:11 AM
How bad is the leak? If it is just weeping you may have to let it go until there is some buildup that you can see. If it is not leaking fast enough to see where it is coming from it won't be enough to hurt anything if you keep an eye on it. Put a drip pan under it when you park in the living room.
1 37 Read More
Who's Online Now
1 members (Twisted6), 202 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Skulptorchaz, Ryan Clark, chevy454, TCH54, beansprout01
6,778 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available