Rate Thread
#14456 02/22/07 10:01 AM
N
nortin Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
N
I know I'm not on a new topic here but I wonder if someone can give me some info to draw a few comparisons in intakes for the 230,250,292 Chev. I know the Clifford intake is water heated but could someone tell me ,or better yet show me how the water is routed through the intake? On the Offy one I see a "plate" that is supposed to go with it and I ask,If that plate is for exhaust heat , does that mean I have to run a tube from my headers ( yes I want to run headers here). Another question is ,Can or is the Offy intake capable of being water heated? If so how is it usually done? If possible I'd appreciate some pics to show me. I am going to go to a bigger carb and headers but before I buy any equipment ,I'd like to actually see what I'm in for. Anyone know of any other headers besides the Langdon and Clifford ones ( in a 70 Nova).I see this (must be a Clifford) header #52-0020 at Larrowe that they say will not fit any type of side mount. Looking at it I'm assuming that its the front 3 tube grouping that won't fit buttttt ,,,does anyone know WHY it wont fit? I know I've thrown a lotta questions out at this forum but i would appreciate any info anyone can share with me ,,thank you

nortin
#14457 02/22/07 10:28 AM
I
Contributor
Contributor
I
Water heat the intake, you interupt the coolant line going to your heater core.

For non water heated intake manifolds, there are a few tricks people have done. Some use shrouds over the carb/headers. You can find carb spacers, even off ebay, that you can plumb a coolant line too.

As for headers, might wanna contact the major header manufacturers, I tried contacting summit and jegs, they had nothing, that doesnt mean they dont exist.

Good luck

#14458 02/22/07 11:34 AM
S
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
S
The Clifford intakes are designed to be used when using headers, therefore no plate on the bottom.
The Offy intake can be used with stock exhaust manifolds or headers. When using the stock exhaust manifold, you don't use a plate just bolt the two together. I prefer the Offy intake because it gives the option of running either configuration.

#14459 02/22/07 11:35 AM
M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Hooker makes headers for you application.
BTW, all Clifford intake are not water heated.

Another option is to use Tom Langdons cast iron exhaust manifolds, really nice & would not leak as headers are known for. Two cents.

I thought I seen a water heated Clifford???

With the water heated type manifold ,you can just route your water heater hoses in & out , not really complicated.

You could also clamp or weld a round piece of steel tubing to a header tube connect a piece of flex tubing to that piece of steel tubing you attached to your header pipe & run the other end to your air cleaner,,, if you need the heat?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
#14460 02/23/07 12:58 AM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Yes clifford does have water heated intakes.
If you check around swap meets Local race tracks You may very well find a good used one,Much cheaper then buying a new one.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 394 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available