Hi all, I have a '68 230 with a chrome valve cover and it is leaking from the PVC grommet because I am guessing is a bad design that forces the round grommet into an oval shape which allows oil to come through.

I have a nice OEM valve cover with the old Chevrolet script on it which I can use but I wanted to run the chrome one for a little while. I am sure someone on the planet has gotten a chrome valve cover to work without leaking and looking for advice.

I replaced the breathers on top of the cover, the PVC valve and the grommet and also did the valve cover gasket also before I found out where the leak was coming from. The grommet itself is sealing on the metal but since the PVC valve is a round peg in an oval hole, that appears to be the issue. The PVC routes into the intake and there are two breathers on top of the valve cover so there shouldn't be any issues with breathing. Next step is to try some gasket sealer around the PVC valve.

I just got the truck a few months ago and installed the drive train and this will be the very last thing I need to knock out before I am able to daily drive it so I am excited

Attached Images
PVC.JPG

76 Chevy Stepside with a '68 230ci