Print Thread
Rate Thread
#90514 08/28/16 09:37 PM
D
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
D
I lost a fuel pump last week... The diaphragm tore. After a tow home I got the original 1965 fuel pump boost referenced and installed. Worked a treat for a week until it shat the bed last night. Actually, it worked better than the new Carter pump I was running.
Now its decision time... Another mechanical pump until I save enough money for the in-tank, specific for my car tank and pump? Or do I use a NAPA brand inline efi pump for 1/6 the price? Still need to upgrade to 3/8" lines, either way. And get a referenced regulator.

T
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
T
I'm not sure I fully understand the question.

If you have a fuel pressure regulator that can regulate the pressure down, you can't really go wrong with the $85 Ford pump. At which point, why upgrade your fuel lines? The Ford pump is a 5/16th pump and supports around 400 horsepower.

On a standard fuel pressure regulator, you can typically run different size lines in and out. So a 5/16th line in, and a 3/8ths line out to the carb is fine. You will need to run a return line still, which can be either 3/8th or 5/16ths with the Ford pump.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available