After several years, a couple of cross-country moves, effective poverty, considerable mind-changing, and other various tribulations, I'm finally ready to start on my Megasquirted turboed 292.

Does anyone have handy photos of the engine bay of a '67 to '72 Chevy pickup with a 292 installed? I'm particularlly interested in the clearance to the master and brake booster; especially so in this case as I'm planning use of a Hydraboost to eliminate vacuum worries.

Secondly, I'd like opinions on the various intake designs I've sketched in the attached file.

Because of the charge-robbing issue, I feel constrained to use throttle body injection. I'm considering use of motorcycle-type individual throttle body injection; either three or four barrels as needed.

The drawing shows top views of different intake shapes, which will be constructed of welded aluminum plate. The circles represent the locations where the side-draft TBs connect. Some TB mount locations are rotated to better line up the the pressure line coming back from the intercooler.

Fire away, gents...

Attached Images
intake.jpg
Last edited by DougE; 03/17/10 09:23 PM.