Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
M
Does anyone have an old set of clifford headers for a 235 that are either shot or they are not going to use? I have run a set of long tube cliffords since the very early 80s on my 57. Clifford can no longer makes the long tubes, just the shorty headers they currently sell. I prefer the long tubes. I have a 21 year old son who I thought had no interest in cars let alone old time inline 6 motors. Turns out he does and wants to build a 57 of his own with a 6 motor. Will need to make up some headers so looking for an old set to start the process. Does not have to be for a 55-57. Just clifford headers for a 235/261.

Mike

Last edited by mdonohue05; 04/21/17 03:49 PM.
B
Contributor
Contributor
B
If you're up to it, Hell's Gate Hot Rods has the flanges and good mandrel bent elbows, as well as straight sections of tubing to build really good custom headers.

www.hellsgatehotrods.com

Last edited by Blackwater; 04/22/17 11:12 AM.

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary
M
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
M
Many thanks. I saw that but they get 70 for just the flanges shipped (26.20 for shipping which is unreasonable when they will fit a 12.00 usps flat rate box and usps provides the box) but here is the rub. Good 235 Chevy headers use two different size tubes to take into consideration the two siamesed exhaust ports (2/3 and 4/5) and the single ports (1 and 6). Those flanges are cut for just one size. I am sure I could make whatever modifications were required but I would rather start out with a Clifford flange to make a pattern out of. At least that is the plan. May very well end up with the hells gate flanges. Thanks for responding! Mike

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I've made and sold quite a few flanges for the Stovebolt's before. If you can't find what you need just let me know.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
B
Contributor
Contributor
B
Originally Posted By: mdonohue05
Many thanks. I saw that but they get 70 for just the flanges shipped (26.20 for shipping which is unreasonable when they will fit a 12.00 usps flat rate box and usps provides the box) but here is the rub. Good 235 Chevy headers use two different size tubes to take into consideration the two siamesed exhaust ports (2/3 and 4/5) and the single ports (1 and 6). Those flanges are cut for just one size. I am sure I could make whatever modifications were required but I would rather start out with a Clifford flange to make a pattern out of. At least that is the plan. May very well end up with the hells gate flanges. Thanks for responding! Mike

Call them, (Hell's Gate) and talk to Andy. My 153 header and intake used siamesed intake ports on the intake and we made that work. I'm confident that he can help you out!!

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (tlowe #1716), 159 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available