Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Hey guys,

I wanted to share my experience and self taught knowledge installing the Holley 4bbl Sniper EFI matter kit on my turbocharged Chevy 250. It sits on the Offy 5416 manifold and currently controls timing electronically through my old large cap HEI distributor. The throttle body fit easily beside the stock valve cover with a 1" riser. I ran the master kits electronic pump on a custom plate attached to the fuel tank straps. The fuel tuning is a breeze, the electronic timing has smoothed out my idle and given major control for boost retard. Overall I couldn't be happier.

I made an install video so everyone could see how I worked around the inline 6. If some one else is considering this EFI system and has any questions let me know as I've read just about everything there is to know about it.

To keep it all together, here is my other video on how to setup a generic large cap HEI distributor for timing control with the Sniper:

My videos are long as I get chatty but hopefully they help someone make educated decisions.

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Nice videos and workmanship. A 21st century '67 Camaro . . .

Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Originally Posted By: stock49
Nice videos and workmanship. A 21st century '67 Camaro . . .
Thanks! However if you look closely you'll see I ran out of black zap straps and the blue, white and green ones look ridiculous.

Yes though, modern but still looks kinda stock. That's been the concept of the build.

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca
M
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
M
Whoa! Awesome setup brother and thanks for the video documentation! Looking forward to some proper flogging!

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (OldCarKook), 220 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Skulptorchaz, Ryan Clark, chevy454, TCH54, beansprout01
6,778 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available