Since I'm new to inline engines, and plan on potentially being quite hard on mine I'm hoping to figure out the weakest link build to below that (size the turbo, HP target, etc accordingly). So most my current ??? are about the crankshaft. A search on crankshafts surprisingly didn't come up with anything disasterous (good thing?) so I thought I'd ask about the limitations of the 250 crankshaft. \:\) I am hoping to be school'd in crankshafts here

HP\Torque:
How much HP/Torque are some of you guys reliably putting into a stock or lightly worked 230/250 crank?

RPM:
Barring the limitations of intake/exhaust air flow, does any one know the breaking point for a 250 crankshaft in the rpm department? Assuming a good balance job done and good harmonic balancer.

For another question, how high are some of you revving your 230/250's?

Failure points:
With seven mains it looks like a fairly stout design, any info on anyone that has broke a crankshaft? Cause? Any particular thing that should be watched out for or modified for endurance?

Anything anyone wants to throw out there about the differences in the Pontiac 250 crank from the Chevy 250 crank? I've got spotty info, just looking to centralize some information. \:\) Thanks for any info.