Inliners International
Posted By: Mitch Any homebrew ways to pull rocker studs? - 03/28/15 09:55 AM
I'm prepping my head for shipment to Tom and would like to know if anyone has successfully pulled the rocker studs out without special tools. I was thinking of laying some washers down and spinning on 2 or 3 nuts, tightening them down until it pulls out.

Something that can be done or have to have the tool?
I do so many stud pulls, made a special tool. Air over hydraulic, pulls the studs in less than 5 minutes.

Leave the rocker nuts on the studs for me.
Posted By: trump Re: Any homebrew ways to pull rocker studs? - 03/28/15 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Mitch
I'm prepping my head for shipment to Tom and would like to know if anyone has successfully pulled the rocker studs out without special tools. I was thinking of laying some washers down and spinning on 2 or 3 nuts, tightening them down until it pulls out.

Something that can be done or have to have the tool?

This will work. I use a junk socket to make the spacer (instead of washers) but then put a washer on top of the socket so the nut spins against a flat surface and then just start turning with a breaker bar to make it easy.
Posted By: Mitch Re: Any homebrew ways to pull rocker studs? - 03/28/15 06:23 PM
Thanks for the fast replies Tom, worked out great that the day I'm packing them up you are active online and through emails! Leaving the studs in, heads are packaged!
I have used (back in the day) a spacer, grease (for the threads) a non locking type nut & use a 1/2 impact gun, much faster than wrenches, less tiring.

MBHD
© Inliners International Bulletin Board