Inliners International
Posted By: Vman Roller cam for chevy 250, where? - 06/20/15 08:59 PM
Wondering if anyone knows where to get the roller cams for the 250 inline. The roller lifters are readily available but can see nobody carrying the cams for them. Only want the mild ones, just a little better than stock.
Why would you want a roller cam that is "just a little better than stock"? The advantage of a roller cam is mainly the ability to have a cam that revs high with lots of lift. Notwithstanding the slight reduction in friction with a roller cam (and relatively stock spring loads) it does not seem like it would be worth the effort.
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: Roller cam for chevy 250, where? - 06/21/15 01:22 AM
Crower and Isky have them readily available!
Posted By: TJ's Chevy Re: Roller cam for chevy 250, where? - 06/21/15 12:30 PM
Whats wrong with a hydraulic cam a little better than stock?
Posted By: Juicetone Re: Roller cam for chevy 250, where? - 06/27/15 12:57 PM
Schneider Racing also has cam but I think they are made to order.

You probably won't find a roller (if you're talking about solid/mechanical) that's "just a little better than stock." Most profiles for those are huge. Then, if you're wanting a smaller profile done, most cores are already ground for small base circles for the bigger lobe lifts/bigger profiles.

From what I've been gathering in my research, a smaller profile will have to ground from a full round core. Very expensive.
Posted By: Vman Re: Roller cam for chevy 250, where? - 07/04/15 04:32 AM
Nothing wrong with hydraulic cam a little better than stock, its what I have now.
Posted By: Vman Re: Roller cam for chevy 250, where? - 07/04/15 04:32 AM
Thanks for the info on where to get.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board