Inliners International
Posted By: Warren grimm 235 Weber sidedraft intakemanifold - 06/20/16 06:49 PM
I have seen several references to a manifold for the 235/261 to accommodate three side draft Webers. Does anyone have any experience with these or know where one can be had?

Warren
Posted By: wolffcub Re: 235 Weber sidedraft intakemanifold - 06/21/16 06:33 PM
The only true side draft units that come to mind in the one from the 54 corvette 235 and the Nicson one. I think the Nicson used Zenith carbs.
Posted By: stock49 Re: 235 Weber sidedraft intakemanifold - 06/21/16 09:46 PM
Originally Posted By: wolffcub
The only true side draft units that come to mind in the one from the 54 corvette 235 and the Nicson one. I think the Nicson used Zenith carbs.

I am with wolffcub. '53 and '54 vette ran three Carter YH carbs. The Nicson unit had the same flange bolt spacing but was designed for the smaller bore Zeniths in an unheated racing application. Here's a pic of the Nicson with spacers to adapt the Carter YH base:

Some suggest that this design predates GM's offering. My research has not been able to verify that.

Both designs are balance pipe affairs (not logs) - with a dedicated carb per intake runner. The GM unit is beefier

with provisions to bolt to the exhaust manifold stove for heat.
Posted By: mdonohue05 Re: 235 Weber sidedraft intakemanifold - 06/27/16 08:18 PM
Clifford made them way back in the day. Fairly rare. Set up for the DCOE series Weber sidedraft carbs.

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M28aa...w=235&h=177
Posted By: stock49 Re: 235 Weber sidedraft intakemanifold - 06/28/16 12:13 PM
Interesting pic. What are the vertical pipes for? Linkage?
Yes, throttle linkage support bosses.
Here's a Nicson with Zeniths. The Carter YHs are way easier to find and much cheaper than the Zeniths.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board