Inliners International
Posted By: DoubleDingo Fan Clutch or Regular Fan - 10/17/19 04:03 PM
Have any of you guys ran a fan clutch? I was considering going that route on my truck. I saw a youtube video a few weeks back of a 1981 P20 with a 292 and it had a fan clutch setup on it. Or is it better to just run a regular fan?

All of the pics and videos I've seen of trucks like mine with an inline 6 have the fan really close to the radiator, and while that's all good and fine, I'd like to have a shroud too for safety purposes. Unfortunately the small block shroud won't work for what I'm about to do on my truck.

Did Chevy make a shroud for trucks with inline sizes in them?
Posted By: mick53 Re: Fan Clutch or Regular Fan - 10/17/19 10:19 PM
A shroud is important for cooling. I've seen a lot of people make them out of cookie sheets and such.
Posted By: panic Re: Fan Clutch or Regular Fan - 10/17/19 11:24 PM
One of the boards had a great post about fabricating one with rubber flaps as controls.
Posted By: DoubleDingo Re: Fan Clutch or Regular Fan - 10/18/19 12:10 PM
I searched last night to see what people have done for shrouds, and found Chevy inline six trucks didn't come with shrouds. At least that's what the internet said and everything is always true on the internet. From what I've seen in photos and videos, the fan sits pretty close to the radiator so cooling shouldn't be an issue with a 3-row radiator, but safety would be a good thing. So I guess I'll be fabricating one after the truck is finished.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board