Inliners International
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Big Dodge Six - 05/19/22 07:15 PM
A couple of the Montana Dodge Boys, Chris & John, showed up yesterday and loaded my 413" Dodge flathead six & headed to Montana with it. My buddy & I had dreams of running it at Bonneville but it is too big for the vintage engine class and we didn't have enough money to even buy the tires to run in B/L class. This is Martin standing by it at Rappin' to Minden several years ago.

[Linked Image]

It will go in Chris's speedster and replace the little 377" in it now. laugh Cool guys and I'm happy the 413 has a good home with someone who knows what it is. I think I know where there is another one near here. cool

Chris's Speedster

Attached File
100_0197.jpg  (97 downloads)
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Big Dodge Six - 05/19/22 09:51 PM
Nice That it went to a good home not a scrap yard.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Big Dodge Six - 05/19/22 10:14 PM
It wasn't in danger of that but it will now be used and seen by people. Nothing of mine will be scrapped as long as I'm around even if I have to give it away. laugh
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Big Dodge Six - 05/19/22 10:44 PM
Great to hear it's went to a good home.! Now just get to passing that squirreled away stuff around.
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: Big Dodge Six - 05/19/22 11:42 PM
You've had that gigantic engine a long time. Maybe they can set some records with it...
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Big Dodge Six - 05/20/22 03:55 AM
They aren't going to race it, at least not at Bonneville. They were in their way home from El Mirage. I'm sure it will get raced against something somewhere. What a cool hill climb rig! They spotted a few other pieces. John had picked up a Frontinac head the day before and I mentioned I had a valve cover for one of those. He bought that but after they were gone I remembered I have the piece to cover the ports on the block. It was hanging on the wall I'm surprised he didn't see it. It didn't hurt or make me sad. Maybe I can let some of this stuff go.

I also fired ip the '53 Tuesday. It has been sitting outside for a year. I charged the battery, primed the carb & it fired right up> I drove it to town and filled it with fresh gas and two cans. $135 bucks. Gas is/was $4.999. Biden did that! The last time I looked Nevada is only behind California & Hawaii in price.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board