Inliners International
Posted By: JeepDude How to heat an intake?? - 07/01/05 10:17 AM
Would this work and how much time/exeperience does it take to put on? intake manifold heat plate

Thanks for your help. Also, do you think that the lack in a heat source on the intake is my throttle hesitation problem?

Has anyone used the heat plate from stovebolt?
Posted By: JeepDude Re: How to heat an intake?? - 07/01/05 11:36 AM
It hesitates if you hit the gas to fast. Say for instance if I goose it real good, I hear a lot of air pulling in the carb (i still have the hood off) but have no power and sounds like it could die, then it "catches up" and the engine revs like a beast. The hesistation only lasts maybe a second or two. If I slowly accelerate I get no problems. Does the same thing sitting in neutral or shifting at any speed. I read the article about intake heat and thought it sounded similar. Thanks in advance.
-Nic
Posted By: JeepDude Re: How to heat an intake?? - 07/01/05 11:49 AM
It's a single barrel monojet. Looks like the entire carb is new or rebuilt, but I've been known to be wrong. I have no idea about the accel. pump. What exactly is that? And how to check.
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: How to heat an intake?? - 07/01/05 12:53 PM
Dear Nic;

Lack of heat is not the cause unless you in a frezing temp area & It's winter. There, they are a necisity.

Walt's probably right check the acel pump or for a vacume leak.

Good luck, John M..
Posted By: JeepDude Re: How to heat an intake?? - 07/01/05 01:07 PM
Will try to check all that over the weekend. Thanks guys.
Posted By: JeepDude Re: How to heat an intake?? - 07/06/05 10:45 AM
 Quote:
Engine off, air cleaner off, flashlight or flouresecent light, look in top of carb. as you fast pump linkage by hand, look at gas spraying into carb. Is it very little or large amount?
Each time you pump you should see gas spraying.
(until you empty bowl).
Checked that when I got home. The amount coming out looked like a pretty good squirt to me. Same amount, until bowl ran empty.
Spark plugs were gapped at .035, changed that to .045.
Noticed a slight difference in the hesitation, maybe from the spark gap. Hesitation is still there though. I think I may just learn to live with it. Dad says I got a lead foot anyway!
-Nic
Posted By: Bald Eagle Re: How to heat an intake?? - 07/06/05 04:19 PM
Try advancing your timing and see if that cures the hesitation. You can advance it until you get a slight ping under load or until it just kicks back against the starter when starting then back off the advance a couple of degrees.
Posted By: JeepDude Re: How to heat an intake?? - 07/06/05 04:26 PM
Won't hurt to try. Thanks B.E.
Posted By: JeepDude Re: How to heat an intake?? - 07/06/05 06:08 PM
Walt,
Have not tried the vac gauge yet. I do plan to however.
-Nic
© Inliners International Bulletin Board