Inliners International
Posted By: bgblue keep the 250? - 09/25/05 10:30 PM
in my 78 p/u i have the original 250, i have put an offenhauser manifold, holley 390, 2 piece exhaust manifold, and dual exhaust. i want the truck to be somewhat high performance but i wont be racing or hotrodding too much, mostly want it to be a nice cruizer that i can drive and maybe make a little noise at the parking lots, but i definately want an inline, so my question is should i continue w/ this motor or should i just have a bad *ss 292 built or somthin? also who in the central texas area is good with these motors that would be able to do the machine work on either of these two motors? thanks
Posted By: bob308 Re: keep the 250? - 09/25/05 10:50 PM
well i am going with it is a c-10. with the price of gas going no where but up. i would keep the 25put in an rv cam. go with a lower gear about 3.55-3.73 and a 5 speed out of a later
c-10. that way you have the low gears to play with and the overdrive to be able to aford to drive it.
that is what i am doing with my 72 short bed.
Posted By: bgblue Re: keep the 250? - 09/25/05 11:25 PM
yea it is a c-10, that pretty much sounds like what i was thinking except i kind of wanted to keep the three speed. am i crazy?
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: keep the 250? - 09/26/05 12:27 AM
A 292" engine would be a good choice for performance, crusing or hauling cargo/people etc.

With a C-10 It's a 'bolt in deal', as they came from the factory with them.

This method will allow you to use it for transportation while your building it.

Later you can add an OD as Bob points out.

Good luck. \:\)
Posted By: bgblue Re: keep the 250? - 09/27/05 11:44 PM
hopefully she's past her haulin days. also i am pretty sure i'll be keeping the three speed so with that in mind do you think the 250 would easily have decent power? by easily i mean with pump gas, no super chargers or turbos or anything. mainly just a cam, maybe new head, that type of stuff.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board