Inliners International
Posted By: Tommy Vacuum diagram? - 04/13/06 08:19 PM
I've got a 79 Chevy Truck with a 250 that I am fixing up, and all the vacuum lines are rigged up so I yanked everything and want to put it back right.

Also it has a manual tranny and manual brakes. I've already put in the auto tranny and the brakes are coming soon, so that's two more vacuum lines to add. My main problem there is a lack of intake ports.

I was wondering if anyone has some direction or a diagram of vacuum lines.

Thanks
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: Vacuum diagram? - 04/13/06 08:49 PM
Dear Tommy;

Your local Library will have a Motors/Chilton manual that will have this item.

Good luck. \:\)
Posted By: El Viejo Re: Vacuum diagram? - 04/13/06 11:23 PM
I have 1979 with integrated head and the Caleeforneea smog setup (like ten vacuum lines, two TVS's, and a bunch of other stuff.). The Chiltons manual has more than a dozen diagrams which will probably show the setup you have. You can get it a Kragen's Auto parts if you have one or go online to parts america ($17.00). I put a number label at each line end and connection point, made some notes, and took a bunch of digital photos. When it was time to put it all back together all the effort paid off. If you want I can email my images.
EV \:D
Posted By: Tommy Re: Vacuum diagram? - 04/16/06 01:31 PM
Hey thanks, yes if you could email me some of your images that would be a big help, the Chilton doesn't show what I need at all. I am mainly looking for the power brake booser location, Tranny and distributor locations. None of which are shown in my manual.
tommy2bits at yahoo dot com
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: Vacuum diagram? - 04/16/06 01:38 PM
Dear Tommy;

You have to look in the manual that's for "air polution" devices. It's a special version.

You shouldn't need any of that nonsense in Texas.

Good luck. \:\)
Posted By: Tommy Re: Vacuum diagram? - 04/16/06 02:26 PM
I don't have the time or inclination to go to the library to look up a special smog only book that probably isn't there anyway because this is Texas! It's just a matter of walking out to the garage and looking! Please!
Posted By: El Viejo Re: Vacuum diagram? - 04/17/06 12:28 AM
Tom- In the meantime look in your Chilton's manual in the "emission control" section.
I'll get the images to you next week.
EV
Posted By: Tommy Re: Vacuum diagram? - 04/17/06 10:54 AM
I've checked the manual for all the locations I can get already as I have said. I just had a friend rebuild the carb for me last night and he let me know what the best places are. Nevermind guys.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board