Inliners International
Well guys, I posted here awhile back about what intake to go with, well, I decided to go with a new Clifford 4brl.........I originally planned to go with Tom L's Cast Headers, but I found a set of used Clifford Truck Headers cheap and are using them instead. Anyhow, this Clifford Intake has the water heated base on it. I was wonder how you guys have plumbed yours up? I like to put shut offs on my lines to the heater core(Habit from running/wrenching on OTR trucks) and I shut them in the summer...........I guess my question is would that effect my carb settings? I really don't want to crawl around under the hood of my newly repainted truck re-adjusting them when I cock open the valve for heat to my heater core(And intake)..........Or would it be just worth it to run heat into it year around?
it would be best if you ran the heat year round. there was just a post on this labeled "too much gas". tom
One way that you could run permanent heat to the manifold and still shut off the heatercore in summer would be to T off the hose from the manifold to w.pump in 2 places and put a shut off between the T's. But then you would still need to have shut offs for the heatercore.
TP,
I just finished adding heat to my Clifford intake. The install cost me about $35 and it solved my "Too Much Fuel" and sooting problem at low revs. I removed the 5/8 in. heater hose line completely. Then I replaced the straight nipple inlet just under the thermostat housing with a 90 degree nipple. I bought a 2 foot preformed 90 degree hose, trimmed it for fit and ran it up & over the thhermostat housing then into the forward side port of the intake manifold, again using a 90 degree nipple and adjusted it for a clean/smooth transition to the hose. Using the aft port in the intake manifold I installed a 90 degree nipple and used another preformed 90 degree hose 3 ft in length and trimmed it to fit and ran it around the back of the motor along the firewall and then into the 5/8 in. inlet to the heater core. Very clean install and it works like a champ. I don't know how to post a pix here so I will check to see if you have an email link and fwd you the pix. Good luck.
6T4Duce, I’d be curious to see it…

This is how I post pictures here:
1) I opened a free account at: http://photobucket.com
2) I upload the desired pics to Photobucket website (I usually reduce their size).
3) When I’m writing a post, I simply copy the “image address” from the picture I want to post (I choose the “Img” option) and paste it in the message. I suggest clicking “Preview Post” to confirm everything is OK.

Example:

…is actually:
“]IMG[http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n61/rofc/I-6GM250.jpg ]IMG[”

PS.: I inverted the square brackets above to “cancel the command” (i.e., avoiding posting this picture twice).
Ok, here are a few pix of the Deuce and the heated Clifford. Hope it works!

© Inliners International Bulletin Board