Inliners International
Posted By: Cameron help im new. - 11/09/06 02:10 AM
hello all, after 20 minutes i finally figured how to post a topic. i need some help with my engine build. ive currently rebuilt a 292, and i cant find a couple of parts. if you guys could dump some links, it would be very helpful. im looking for motor mounts, and headers.
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: help im new. - 11/09/06 09:31 AM
Dear Mr. Cameron;

Welcome to our BB. \:\)

What kind of mounts do you need??

The Series 40 exhaust manifold is the cheapest (2 1/2" outlet-3 bolt flange)for the 'street'.

Tom Langton sells a nice set here (headers) if you would rather use those. There are others too.

Good luck. \:\)
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: help im new. - 11/09/06 09:55 AM
look to the left side of your screen. scroll down to links. click on it. click on parts/service. scroll down to stovebolt engine. this is langdons site and you will find the cast split manifolds, seal much better than headers too. you may also find motor mounts. what chassis are you working on? to need mounts for? tom
Posted By: Cameron Re: help im new. - 11/09/06 06:48 PM
ive checked out langdons before, but i am looking for more tubular headers, is there really better performance out of them or cast parts? what would you guys do? for the chasis im working on, its accually a 1963 pontiac acadian. ive never seen a 292 in an acadian, (btw, its just like a nova) if you didnt know. i know, i have to fabricate subframe conectors and such. currently its running a 250 inline 6 pulled from a tractor...somewhere ni alberta...so i have to do some custom things with the motor mounts, i just need the standard mounts, then i have to reloacte them using 3/8" thick steel plate, and move them forward. or is there another solution?
Posted By: Diesel Dan Re: help im new. - 11/09/06 08:05 PM
Yeah you got yourself a Canadian Nova I think those cars look great! If you hunt around in past posts the are some great pictures and info on making the mount you need. You should only have to move the passenger side mount. As far as headers go, have you tried Clifford Performance? they have been making them for years.
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: help im new. - 11/09/06 09:51 PM
presently there are two sets of clifford headers on ebay. you will have better luck sealing the cast manifolds. i have always had badluck trying to seal headers on our inlines. they just have a bad design for the header flanges for the six. tom
Posted By: Cameron Re: help im new. - 11/09/06 10:04 PM
noted, and ive got both of them booked into my ebay already! ahah, ill hunt the boards, any idea where it might be, like section wise?
Posted By: strummin67 I.I. Re: help im new. - 11/09/06 10:22 PM
Hi Cameron.
Just go to the top, right underneath Post Reply. Click on search and enter the topic, like motor mounts. That will pull up all of the threads containing those words. I've used it many times.
Posted By: Diesel Dan Re: help im new. - 11/09/06 10:36 PM
There is a post (8-17-06) titled "292 in 65 chevelle" it has a link to some real nice mount pictures. And there is a thread just under it titled "292 in 63 nova" that might help you. Also if you do use headers be sure to remove the line up pins on the head (they are threaded not pressed) and replace them with bolt's.
Posted By: Cameron Re: help im new. - 11/09/06 11:12 PM
oh ok, sounds good. il use the site to its full advantage, has anyone seen an article about setting up a water heat plate for the carb? a single 4 bbl.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board