Inliners International
Posted By: RevOD Upgraded Valve Springs - 02/14/07 07:38 AM
Just making a new thread for this from my other one. As some of you know I am looking to turbo my stock 6. I am having the head rebuilt and it was suggested to me to run a bit stiffer spring something with about 80psi or seat pressure. Here is the issue the shop says they need to match the free height of the stock spring which I believe is 1.900.

I do not need anything too stiff to avoid pulling the head studs. and on that topic, how hard would it be to install pins in the stock studs to prevent them from pulling out?
Posted By: RevOD Re: Upgraded Valve Springs - 02/14/07 07:40 AM
Part #'s would be great also so I can let the shop know.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Upgraded Valve Springs - 02/14/07 09:33 AM
Not very hard at all.Just be sure to drill clean through the Boss so they can be removed at a later date& time.
Posted By: RevOD Re: Upgraded Valve Springs - 02/14/07 09:36 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Twisted6 I.I #3220:
Not very hard at all.Just be sure to drill clean through the Boss so they can be removed at a later date& time.
Gotcha, figured there wasnt much to it.
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Upgraded Valve Springs - 02/14/07 12:29 PM
as hank had said in the other thread, use common easy to buy "Z/28" springs. they won't pull the studs and will fit without machine work. tom
Posted By: Randy S. Hager Re: Upgraded Valve Springs - 02/14/07 07:45 PM
RevOD
Buy a stud puller/thread guide from Summit (Proform) and buy the screw in studs that don't need the bosses milled. That is the way I plan on doing mine here shortly. I'm so glad I move to Texas after hearing what the St Louis area got in snow and ice. Check on eBay for those screw in studs. (around $15.99 + 9.50 shipping) Also check the same people selling the Comp Cams type roller tip rocker arms for the 1.8's. Some I've seen are F**D type self aligning and 3/8" studs.

Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX
Posted By: RevOD Re: Upgraded Valve Springs - 02/14/07 10:23 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by tlowe I.I.#1716:
as hank had said in the other thread, use common easy to buy "Z/28" springs. they won't pull the studs and will fit without machine work. tom
Well "z/28" spring searches bring sup a bunch of diffrent ones. Anyone have a particual # that they know will work?
Posted By: RevOD Re: Upgraded Valve Springs - 02/19/07 02:11 PM
Well im going to the shop today to see if he has come up with anything. Anyone got an suggestions on a part # for a spring that would work?
Call up Richard @ West Coast cyl heads, tell him what you have & he will get you the springs you need.
Tell him I sent you.
I believe he has those springs in stock & they do not cost that much.
Pioneer makes most of the springs & they get repackaged in other company's boxes.

You Should be able to look up a 1969 Camaro 350 4 barrel application.
The springs are not special, just a little stiffer than stock 250 inline six springs.

They have the same installed height as SBC.

818 705-5454

MBHD
Posted By: RevOD Re: Upgraded Valve Springs - 02/19/07 09:40 PM
Thanks man ill give him a call tomorrow.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board