Inliners International
Posted By: neonova75 Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/20/07 08:40 PM
I see these cheap valve covers on ebay .. is the cheap price a sign of cheap item or has someone here used one with no problem?
A reference/item number/link would be nice????
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/20/07 11:03 PM
If your talking about the Chrome Ones YES They LEAK. Because Most of the after market chrome ones are made very CHEAP and they leak due to the lack of lip for the gasket. And They Blow oil out the top through the breather. Because of the side hole in the cover goes through to the inside baffle. So personaly I'd stay away from them.
thats my 2cents worth.
If you watch Ekbay every ounce in while a chrome valve cover with the Chevrolet script will show up. These chrome valve covers with the script were part of the dress up kit Chevrolet offered. The last ones that I have seen have not been show quality. They've had minor pitting and dents.

Larry
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/21/07 12:05 AM
larry, those factory chrome covers came on every 64 chevelle with a 6 cyl and the 230 motor. the fact dress up kit included chrome breather, vacum line, gas line and dip stick. even the power glide dipstick if equiped. tom
There was one on last week. Keep your eyes open, they do show up from time to time.
Posted By: neonova75 Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/21/07 01:45 AM
im looking to get one around 50 bucks but the good ones push 200 i've seen and the cheap ones, well i'd rather not get anything cheap for my engine build up.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/21/07 08:39 AM
Yep I forgot about those Kits. Some guys have had their stock covers chrome plated.I know one member here in fla did it and it turned out very Nice.
Posted By: Bruce Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/21/07 12:27 PM
Another often inexpensive option is the cast cover off a Mercruiser. I have never seen one polished, but it may be possible. They are often available on eBay.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/21/07 06:58 PM
Mine was polished before I desided to powder coat it.
Posted By: neonova75 Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/22/07 01:49 AM
i'd like a powder coat to match the color of the engine, but a chrome finish would be fine
Posted By: Old Bert Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/25/07 10:56 PM
I just sanded mine clean and had it coated w/ high temp clear for $20. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1434882425071636143cPOXtT
I did start w/ an excellent original cover.
Posted By: neonova75 Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/25/07 11:19 PM
yeah i may just get a por15 kit or use some left over and just redo my cover with a new gasket seal ... does felpro make them consistently?
Have you seen this one yet?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-194...133503899QQrdZ1
Posted By: neonova75 Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/26/07 08:09 PM
yeah i saw it, but if i am to buy one i would rather get one just primed or a solid color.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 06/26/07 08:45 PM
neonova75
How many do you want?? I have a few that are still stock marine looking Or I can strip the stock factory Black off the Marine cover.And I have them with the PVC provision. The Marne covers came with and without a PVC provision
(meaning a PVC rubber grommet)The Other used a Inline type PVC The cover is tapped for the line to be screwed into the top edge of the cover.
Mind you it will not be as cheap as that One on Ebay. Because I paid more then that for these
that i have.
Posted By: XXL Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 11/07/07 12:06 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Twisted6 I.I #3220:
neonova75
How many do you want?? I have a few that are still stock marine looking Or I can strip the stock factory Black off the Marine cover.And I have them with the PVC provision.
Tell me more. Price shipped to 80504 and pics would be wonderful. ASSuming this fits 250.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Anyone use a Valve cover from ebay? - 11/07/07 10:04 AM
Yes the marine covers Fit. They fit 194,230,250,292.I'll have to take a picture I don't have any on my site of the marine cover.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board