Inliners International
Posted By: chevy-80 Carburetor replacement - 07/31/07 08:51 AM
good day everybody

On a Chevy c30, 292 stock intake manifold what carburetor type I can install instead of the 1 bbl Rochester
Posted By: dbane261 Re: Carburetor replacement - 08/01/07 02:41 AM
you could get a carter weber progressive 2 barrel (65 bucks) with the adapter(15 bucks) from tom langdon/stovebolt. You should get better mileage and performance
Posted By: hoggyrubber Re: Carburetor replacement - 08/05/07 11:39 PM
i thought those carter/webber 2 barrel carbs are smaller than the original rochester "b". i don't know how they work on the 292's, i'd love to hear.
Posted By: Lucky444 Re: Carburetor replacement - 08/06/07 04:22 AM
I can't remember the exact info so it would be a good idea to do a search on this subject. I was looking at the same swap and I read on the board that alot of people liked the Clifford intake with a Holley 350 cfm 4 brl. People seemed to get better power and better mileage with the 4 brl. too. Someone also posted that they found the Holley/Weber ran rich at idle and lean opened up. I decided on the 4 brl., but have not had the time to do the install yet so I couldn't give you any specifics. Good luck.
Posted By: leaded Re: Carburetor replacement - 09/13/07 04:37 AM
Langdons 32/36 Weber function very good on a friends 218 .52 Dodge. Better power and better milage. Mounted straight out of the box, running real nice.
Other friend with 235 Chevy -54 found great changes in the milage,and topend power, but felt some loss in the middle. He thoughts of doing some changes in jets, and belive this is fixing the minor problem.
He gonna do some dynocheck to be sure.
Posted By: chopped 40 Re: Carburetor replacement - 09/13/07 10:38 AM
I have Langdon's H/W's on my 292. Actually, I have a Tri-power set up and they flow approx 250 CFM's. That's straight from Tom Langdon. I installed them in 2000 and have not adjusted, or touched them since. I get 18-20 MPG's too.

RapRap
1940 ChoppedChevyCoupe
Posted By: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER Re: Carburetor replacement - 09/13/07 12:38 PM
How about a Rochester 2GC two barrel as used on many GM tri-power manifolds and 2V V8s. I use one on my Model A tub 302ci (with 2 dummy carbs to simulate tri-power and it works GREAT). I think I paid five bucks for it at a swap meet. A 1V-to-2V adaptor would put you in business. I would also think about opening up the opening of the stock intake when you make the swap. Good luck.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board