Inliners International
Posted By: Beach Cruise Weird issue carb/dist/ideas? - 10/14/07 11:57 PM
I have been working on my 292 for a while now and for a while have had an issue with my idle/mixture or something else. Today my vehicle after installing a new water pump, and thermostat, I took it out for a run. On the run I finally figured out it is wanting to flood at stops, but that is getting ahead of myself. I take it out and run it and back off the choke as it it warms up. At the first full stop I figured out it was flooding when I saw the big billows of black smoke I saw pour from my exhaust as I turned it over with pedal flat to the floor.

Previously I turned the screw completely closed, backed it off and then leaned it out until it started to rough up.

Anyone have any ideas? I have one person thought it might be dirt in the needle seat. Need to look that over.
Posted By: strummin67 I.I. Re: Weird issue carb/dist/ideas? - 10/15/07 02:05 AM
Dirt in the needle and seat is possible. What carburetor are you using? When it's running can you look down the carburetor throat and see gas dripping? That would be a sunk float.
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Weird issue carb/dist/ideas? - 10/15/07 09:40 AM
also is it a stock 1 bbl setup or a 2 or 4 bbl setup? tom
Posted By: Beach Cruise Re: Weird issue carb/dist/ideas? - 10/15/07 10:57 AM
Will look down the throat tonight. This is a stock 1 bbl
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: Weird issue carb/dist/ideas? - 10/15/07 11:30 AM
Martin is probably right, a small 'speck' of dirt/rust is holding it (float-needle) open.

Check/change your fuel filter.

Good luck. \:\)
Posted By: Beach Cruise Re: Weird issue carb/dist/ideas? - 10/15/07 11:40 AM
going to pickup a new fuel filter and carb rebuild kit. Also will put in a clear tube to have a window on the to check fuel delivery.
Posted By: strummin67 I.I. Re: Weird issue carb/dist/ideas? - 10/15/07 12:58 PM
Check your tank too. You might have some sediment or rust that will keep getting sucked in making this a reoccurring problem.
Posted By: Beach Cruise Re: Weird issue carb/dist/ideas? - 10/15/07 04:11 PM
brand new tank, but with new filter, I will replace with another new to make sure
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: Weird issue carb/dist/ideas? - 10/15/07 06:34 PM
When you pull the filter element, you'll know.

If (that word again) It's clean in there and in the bowel. Change the needle/seat and adjust the float. Then turn the assembly 'upside down' & blow through it to make sure it is seating.

Good luck. \:\)
Posted By: thomas Re: Weird issue carb/dist/ideas? - 10/16/07 09:05 PM
That was my problem, but with a new tank? We'll see, I am interested now...
© Inliners International Bulletin Board