Inliners International
Posted By: 1930_yardart Demon 98 carbs, anyone use them yet? - 02/21/09 03:07 PM
Hi guys, Has anyone used the new Demon 98 carbs yet? I'm thinking of trying three of them on my Ford 300 six. One primary and two secondary.
Posted By: Z33 Re: Demon 98 carbs, anyone use them yet? - 02/21/09 05:11 PM
I have not but they sure look cool and probably cheaper than finding and rebuilding original Stombergs. Depending on your setup, you might consider three primary carbs. The secondaries have no choke or idle speed adjustment. A center primary might be great for a v8 but could make a 6 run rich on 3 and 4 and lean on outside cylinders. You could use a Stromberg carb adapter on a Clifford dual quad manifold and run two Demons (total 410 cfm). I think Vintagespeed makes an adapter to run two Strombergs on a single 4 barrel manifold. Love to see pics if you do use them.
Z
Posted By: 67pete300 Re: Demon 98 carbs, anyone use them yet? - 02/21/09 10:18 PM
I was checking them out too.

I would love to do the multi carb look with more modern performance. But they are expensive! I can't remember exactly, but remember thinking I could get one four barrel for the same price as a single Demon 98.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board