Inliners International
Posted By: Slick Steve New guy to Inliners! - 04/30/09 06:30 AM
Hi there! New guy here, and I just wanted to post pics of my car. It is a 51' Dodge Wayfarer with a Flat 6. Here are a few of the goodies I have for it that I am in the process of getting installed! Let me know what you think!

Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: New guy to Inliners! - 04/30/09 07:49 AM
Welcome this morning! And very nice stuff. There are MOPAR Inliners here who will really like your car. Excellent blog too.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: New guy to Inliners! - 04/30/09 10:09 AM
Looking Good.:)
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: New guy to Inliners! - 04/30/09 12:44 PM
I like it. My folks traded their '50 Plymouth coupe in on a '52 Wayfarer. It wasn't new of course. It made the Texas to California "66" trip several times. Broke a distributer shaft near Amboy once. I guess I'l have to curb my H.A.M.B rants. \:D
Posted By: gearhead Re: New guy to Inliners! - 04/30/09 02:42 PM
Lookin' good. I've always liked that body style.

BTW, those Fentons are for a Chevy six, not a Mopar. Tom Langdon does sell Fentons for the Mopar flathead six if you're still looking for a set...
Posted By: strummin67 I.I. Re: New guy to Inliners! - 04/30/09 04:19 PM
Looks real nice. I haven't seen that Meteor set up before. Let us know how it works for you.
Posted By: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER Re: New guy to Inliners! - 05/01/09 02:10 PM
I have never seen carbs like that either. Do they have barrel valves in them instead of throttle plates?

By the way, your garage work area is WAY too neat and organized.
Posted By: Wagoneer Re: New guy to Inliners! - 05/03/09 02:54 PM
Where did you get the Meteor setup from? That looks way cool. And welcome aboard, it's always nice to meet another Inliner.
Posted By: Slick Steve Re: New guy to Inliners! - 05/03/09 11:35 PM
Thanks everyone! I will try and answer some of your questions from above...

I do have the correct headers, just the wrong pic \:\) I got that pic from the guy who I bought the intake from.

I wish I could take credit for the shop and orginazation, but I cannot. That is at Bubba's Hot Rod Shop in Indianapolis.

Here is the story on the Meteor's:

They are NOS from 1957 best we can figure. They were an aftermarket "go fast" spped part. I have been told in 1957/1958 a new Stromberg cost $8, these things cost $80!!! My research tells me there were only about 100 of the 100 CFM ones made, and 10 of the 200 CFM ones made. They are a very simple design, low pressure mechanical fuel injector. I got these on loan from Bubba (Jim Linder) from Bubbas's Hot Rod Shop. I took him my Edmunds intake to have him build a matched set of Rochester B's, and he found the Meteor's just lying around the shop begging for a home!

I will keep everyone posted on how they work!
Posted By: Slick Steve Re: New guy to Inliners! - 05/14/09 09:33 PM
Just an update. Got alot done last night!

So, what do you think???? I should be able to fire it up this weekend!
Posted By: 1937 Dodge Truck Re: New guy to Inliners! - 05/21/09 12:42 PM
Great looking set up. Very creative. Thanks for sharing.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board