Inliners International
Posted By: 53ChevSD relocating oil filter? - 09/20/09 02:46 AM
I'd like to move the filter on my 292 to the firewall or somewhere I can change it without making a mess like the side mounted filter. Will a sbc kit work with it or what?
Posted By: milton Re: relocating oil filter? - 09/20/09 07:40 AM
I don't know about the sbc kit. Mess is an understatement. I don't think there is a drain pan large enough to catch the mess my 292 makes. I saw a late model Dodge truck with about a 10 inch long channel permanently mounted under the filter. A troff of sorts. It worked very well. I thought about devising something similar that would be used temporarily. Perhaps attaching with a magnet.
Posted By: 53ChevSD Re: relocating oil filter? - 09/20/09 10:52 AM
I saw filter relocation kit but can't remember where.
Posted By: gearhead Re: relocating oil filter? - 09/20/09 10:57 AM
I would not recommend relocating the filter in that manner. If you do relocate it, try keeping it down low and with minimal hose lengths.
Posted By: 53ChevSD Re: relocating oil filter? - 09/20/09 12:38 PM
ok, I can probly put it right on the fender liner adjacent to where it is now. I just know it's gonna be a real mess on all the new paint
Posted By: big bill I.I.#4698 Re: relocating oil filter? - 09/20/09 02:03 PM
I moved my filter on my 250 to the inner fender used a standard alum filter mount from Jegs but had stainless aircraft hoses made to carry the oil to and from the filter. I did not want to take a chance of blowing the engine due to a blown hose.
Posted By: 53ChevSD Re: relocating oil filter? - 09/20/09 03:41 PM
10-4 on that. does Jegs have an application just for the 292 or is a GM kit just kinda universal?
© Inliners International Bulletin Board