Inliners International
Posted By: 61biscayne New to inliners - 04/17/10 12:30 PM
Hi i am new to inliners and i love the fact that there is a group that loves inlines! At first i was thinking of switching out my 235 for a 327 because that i what i had in my high school car, but after seeing this group i have changed my mind, which i thank you very much for! So i was suprised how powerful my 235 was and was looking for some hints and pointers on how to beef up the motor and make it better, basicly what is a good set up for this motor. I want to take care of it before it gives out. And if their are any good shops around where i live that anyone could recomend for me, i live in Austin, TX. Thanks!
Posted By: LGriffin_#4385 Re: New to inliners - 04/17/10 12:58 PM
Welcome aboard!

Look on the left for the link to Chapters, there are at least a couple in Texas. I'm sure the folks would be glad to help you.

There will be others along to help you with the 235.

Larry
Posted By: Sam Welch Re: New to inliners - 04/17/10 05:18 PM
Join II and go to their national meet in San Antonio in June. Great opportunity to meet great people and talk eye to eye about your engine!!
Posted By: Ron Golden Re: New to inliners - 04/17/10 11:38 PM
Welcome to Inliners.

Give a lot of serious thought to what you want the engine to do before you start building. If you want a daily driver don't get too much compression, use a mild cam and run a small 4 barrel carb like the Edelbrock #1403 (500cfm) or the Holley #8007 (390cfm). Use a set of cast iron headers (Fenton). Have your gear ratio so you cruise about 2500-2700 rpm.

On the other hand if you want more power find a good engine builder that's built 235's and ask lots of questions.

Ron
Posted By: short&wide65 Re: New to inliners - 04/18/10 11:26 AM
Welcome! Great decision to keep the 235. Post some pictures of your 61 Biscayne.
Posted By: 61biscayne Re: New to inliners - 04/19/10 07:32 PM
Hey thanks for the info. I want to run dual exhaust and for the motor i cant really make up my mind, because yeah it is a daily driver but i would like a little more horse power as well to play with \:\) ill put up some pics of the car this weekend, and once again thanks for the info!
© Inliners International Bulletin Board