Inliners International
For instance the carby on my '72 292 looks very origional and basic. I also have a fresh "reman" (application unknown) with an electric choke which looks a bit more "smogged with at least two or three vacuum ports that I would have to plug if I were to use it. Hell maybe it won't work that way.
Does anyone see why the fancier reman won't work on my C20 pickup?
BTW This '72 pickup is a beater that I bought for moving but it happens to have a especially nice running engine. My plan is to use the engine to resurrect a '58 chev apache pickup street rod that I haven't used in years. It will have a 2004r. It has a '73 nova front end grafted to it. So the '72 is just a test bench of sorts for now.
You can see the '58 in the "Truck Talk" forum.
Good post here. If you measure venturi and throttle it is easy to tell which one you have. I like the old Rochester B/BC/BV better than the MV carbs but hey if it runs good, run it!

https://www.inliners.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=45962
Well I guess I should have googled but I found this on a camaro website....

# The 1967 six-cylinder engines without A.I.R. (Air Injection Reactor, aka smog) were supplied with Rochester 1BV one-barrel carburetors. The exact CFM rating of the 1BV is unknown, but it was approximately 250 CFM.

# 1968 and 1969 six-cylinder engines (the standard 230ci/140hp and the optional 250ci/155hp), received the Rochester "Monojet" (1MV) one-barrel carburetors. Rated at 250 CFM, this was enough to supply ample power to the car while still achieving good gas mileage.

Deucecoupe,, So monojet on a 292?? That sort of explodes those cfm "formulas" like 2xcu"=cfm +/- (that begs for two of em!)
It's so much velocity! Maybe this speaks to the iceing you mentioned in the other thread.
Like you said tho: The proof is in the puddin'. So we'll see!!
If the vacuum at WOT is higher than 3.0" Hg, the CFM goes up.
That formula (although questionable under many circumstances) is for maximum size, nothing else.
 Quote:
# 1968 and 1969 six-cylinder engines (the standard 230ci/140hp and the optional 250ci/155hp), received the Rochester "Monojet" (1MV) one-barrel carburetors. Rated at 250 CFM, this was enough to supply ample power to the car while still achieving good gas mileage.

According to doug roe's rochester book 1973 printing (@ 3.0in. hg.pressure drop)
1-7/16" throttle bore with 1-7/32" venturi is 160 cfm
1-11/16" throttle bore with 1-5/16" venturi is 210 cfm
1-11/16" throttle bore with 1-1/2" venturi is 250 cfm

many people dont like the mono, but once you desmog 'em they are good - and they dont have the nasal part throttle "whistle' that the model Bs have
© Inliners International Bulletin Board