Inliners International
Posted By: Rusty Nuts CAN YOU IDENTIFY THESE ENGINE MOUNTS....? - 12/10/10 05:23 PM
I was shopping for some new engine mounts for my 66 C-10 with the 250, and the ones I find do NOT work with my engine/frame brackets. The mounts on the 'Convention Engine' displayed here on Inliners, are the one I keep finding. My mounts have a u-shape with two eyes to connect to the bracket on the engine with a horizontal bolt running front to back. I know this isn't the original engine in my 66, so could these brackets be from an earlier year...? Help...!

If I can figure-out how to post some photos, I do so.

Thanks.
Try checking the Casting Number on your engine against the ones posted on this site. Then you might be able to pin down your engine year of manufacture.
OK, I think I've got a Photobucket now. So you can hopefully see what I'm talking about.

http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc489/MyRustyNuts/
Still trying to get the hang of this Photo Posting.....

Inliners Convention Engine - Can buy these mounts everywhere.

1965 C10 I found Online. Looks like the same mount as Convention engine. But different bracket.

My 66 C10 - Different bracket on engine and totally different motor mount.

Thanks again for your help indentifing my bracket and or mount.
That doesn't look like anything I have seen. It looks home made. Was that done to clear the exhaust? I think you need to change the engine side and use the mount that goes with. You will probably need to take what you have to a parts store and match what you can. I have an 2004 Carquest motor mount book that shows several different L6 mounts for that era. Good luck! Beater

The one you have looks like Carquest # 31-2265 for 65-74 Chrysler.
Those cushions look like marine or industrial mounts for a V-8.
Hey Beater,
The previous owner of my C10 was a 'Barnyard Welder' and had 'Okie Engineered' a whole bunch of stuff on this rig. I was beginning to think as you that these were homemade. But I did find some photos online, just don't know the vintage...?

Take a look...!

This is what you have. The engine bracket is a car application. No GM mount were made to use those in a truck.

Your bracket should look like the Blue 65 C10 you showed above.

Those brackets are fairly easy to find. 63-70 chevy pickups used them. I also have extras. Tom
Mr. Tom, how large (heavy) of an engine have you seen those cushions used?

I've been pondering a diesel swap and those look like a convenient form.

Problem is, being a diesel, it's ~ 900 Lb. \:\(
© Inliners International Bulletin Board