Inliners International
Posted By: muleys292 manifold fasteners - 12/01/11 06:13 PM
Hello all.Ive got a 67 chevy stepside with a 292 engine and recently purchased Langdons exhaust/offy intake.Is there an aftermarket fastener kit to bolt this combo or what has everyone used?The factory fasteners will not look right I dont think.So what advice for me?Ive got some thick stainless washers that would have to be reworked.What do yall recommend?Thanks for the info. Muley
Posted By: Bruce Re: manifold fasteners - 12/01/11 06:17 PM
Tom or maybe Ron before he sold Stovebolt had aluminum clamps they sold as a set. They were fairly soft so maybe they discontinued them.
Posted By: bcowanwheels Re: manifold fasteners - 12/01/11 08:30 PM
I,VE PROBABLY GOT A SET OF STOCK CLAMPS.
BOB
Posted By: muleys292 Re: manifold fasteners - 12/02/11 08:03 AM
Thanks Bob,I have the stock clamps also.I was looking at the intake and didnt think they would look very"neat".Maybe buff em down and paint with an aluminum color.I appreciate your input. Muley
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: manifold fasteners - 12/02/11 08:40 PM
You could also have them ceramic coated Which will hold up and look much better then painting them.I did that to mine over 5yrs ago and they still good.But i also have billet ones now that i may use.
Posted By: jimmy six #35 Re: manifold fasteners - 12/06/11 06:18 PM
On my GMCs I use some really cool looking nuts and washers from McMaster-Carr. I use a stud in head threaded hole first with part showing fine thread.
I buy Bellville washers which keep pressure on the manifolds and then use flanged nuts either 6 or 12 point. The Bellvilles are usually larger in diameter and work will the the manifold clips. I used smaller diameter Bellvilles by buying 5/16" and filling the holes if needed in the tight spots. The 12 point flanged nuts look the best.....Good luck
Posted By: JimRJ Re: manifold fasteners - 12/06/11 07:24 PM
I chose ceramic coating (chrome in color) and like the result.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board