Inliners International
Posted By: sparks you ain`t gonna believe this - 10/11/12 08:09 AM
a guy called me and asked if i was looking for a 292,i said yes, he said i`ve got a brand new one, i said sure. bottom line i bought a 1968 292 crate motor that has never had oil in it for 450$. i had to brag a little and tell someone. yes, i`ve torn it down and it`s exactly what he. said it was
Posted By: 70Nova Re: you ain`t gonna believe this - 10/11/12 08:36 AM
I don't like you.

\:\)
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: you ain`t gonna believe this - 10/11/12 10:03 AM
What a deal!
Posted By: 73super Re: you ain`t gonna believe this - 10/11/12 01:17 PM
How 'bout a pic.. It's NOT that we don't believe you or anything.. lol.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: you ain`t gonna believe this - 10/11/12 03:10 PM
There is stuff out there, glad you found some. A guy gave me a complete '58 270 and trans the other day but I have to pull it. Another guy offered 2 292s for "Next to nothin,'" And a friend just named the price for a '28 Chevy 4 banger that I want. Good things happen. \:D
Posted By: stock49 Re: you ain`t gonna believe this - 10/11/12 09:39 PM
 Originally Posted By: 73super
How 'bout a pic.. It's NOT that we don't believe you or anything.. lol.

Indeed . . . please complete the tidings of your good fortune with some pics!
Posted By: sparks Re: you ain`t gonna believe this - 10/12/12 09:19 AM
everytime i try to post a picture of something i screw it up so i guess you`re gonna have to take my word for it. the 292 is going in my altered. i`m new at this six cylinder thing and thats what i need you guys for.i`ve run big block chevy`s for years ( 7.0 pro ) but can`t pass the physical and my checkbook can`t take the hit any more. you`ll be hearing from me once in a while. i`ll need advice on how to get this thing to run (1800#) in the 10`s. thanks
Posted By: bcowanwheels Re: you ain`t gonna believe this - 10/12/12 04:31 PM
IF YOUR GONNA BORE IT OUT USE A OLD BLOCK. NO SENCE IN BORING A NEW BLOCK IMO
Posted By: will6er Re: you ain`t gonna believe this - 10/12/12 10:09 PM
Sparks-

Welcome to the Bulletin Board.

Even better, I'd like to invite you to join Inliners. You could find a kindred spirit right around the corner.
You will also meet some of the neatest people.

Will Willis
Posted By: sparks Re: you ain`t gonna believe this - 10/13/12 07:16 AM
gentlemen, thank you for the unexpected responces. i have recently joined your group (#6038). and no i have no intentions of punching out the 292. the problem is i pulled all the tin and the motor is as dry as mother hubberds cupboard. the motor will not roll over with the little effort i put into it so now she sits with the bores full of diesel for a week then a very careful teardown to find the problems. my plan is to lighten up the rotating assembly,raise compression ( flatops), 600 holley, decent headers, and throw some money at the head. i don`t want to have to wring its neck. i want to use torque not rpm. thanks again.
Posted By: retired Re: you ain`t gonna believe this - 10/13/12 11:37 PM
New at this , I have a 302 GMC military converted engine with 8,000 miles on it , by converted I mean it is 12 volt with distribitor runs great I dont know what they are worth, Also have a CLARK 5 speed overdrive GM transmission and Auxillary transmission dont know how to list them or where to start. need help..
© Inliners International Bulletin Board