Inliners International
Posted By: Pritch Exhaust system time-I have a couple questions - 02/10/13 01:25 AM
I guess what I really need is to see some pictures of what others have built off of Tom Langdon's cast headers. This is on a 292 in a '68 Chevy C/10. Does anyone offer a Y pipe for coming off the headers or is this a custom-built thing?

Thanks,
Pritch
Pritch, I believe I got my Y from Flowmaster and made the headpipes from two different sizes of exhaust pipe to taper down to fit the Y.

Thanks, Sam. That sure looks like what I need. I can't decide if I should try this myself or haul it down to a muffler shop. That would be a PITA.

BTW, Where's Castle Valley? I should know, but I can't place it.
Just upstream from Moab. It is the town of Castle Valley, in little castle valley, and big castle valley is the area around Price.

A muffler shop would be much easier. Just too far away to suit me so I mostly do everything myself that I can.
MUFFLER SHOPS WILL NOT HAVE MANDREL BENDS. THIS IS EASY TO MAKE, YOU CAN GET MANDREL BENDS AND MOCK IT UP THEN TACK WELD IT WITH A MIG. JMO
IF YOU NEED PLACES TO BUY BENDS EMAIL ME
BCOWANWHEELS@AOL.COM
Muffler shops do have mandrel bends, the performance muffler/exhaust shops, infact, some shops here have mandrel bending machines on site.

MBHD
I'll probably end up hauling it down to a muffler shop. I'm 50 miles from the closest one, in Salt Lake. I was just trying to avoid that, because it will be a big fat PITA. Oh well. Won't be the first one.
CALL EM FIRST IF YOU WANT MANDREL BENDS, NO SHOPS HERE IN E.TN HAVE THEM OR THE BENDERS TO DO THEM
© Inliners International Bulletin Board