Inliners International
Posted By: efi-diy picknpull >> 4200 in stock around the USA - 02/10/13 04:43 PM
Just check picknpull.com for 4200 inventory

Moss Landing, CA - 04
Chandler, AZ - 05
Summit , IL - 02
Hammond, IN -03 x 2
St. Louis, MO -02
Tallahassee, FL -03

So they are starting to show up in the u pull it yards - get there early enough and you could get the entire engine/trans/wiring harness/pcm/gas pedal/exhaust down pipe... up here at the local store this is about $600 tax in. The early ones are 275HP - add a header and tune darn (about $900 for both)close to 295HP.

Where else are you going to get an almost 300HP inline 6 for $1500??

While they are doing the tune they can remove all the anti-theft and torque management so it responds properly.

Port the head and get another 30HP.

As long as they are accident vehicle good chance they run.
At our chapter meeting Yesterday one of our members announced he in putting a 4200 in his early '50 3/4 ton pickup. Cheaper than rebuilding the 235. Another member who has one in his '29 roadster is helping him. That will be 3 in our chapter. Marc, they are making progress. I'm even thinking about going that way instead of the turbo 292 route for my '68 flatbed.
 Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
At our chapter meeting Yesterday one of our members announced he in putting a 4200 in his early '50 3/4 ton pickup. Cheaper than rebuilding the 235. Another member who has one in his '29 roadster is helping him. That will be 3 in our chapter. Marc, they are making progress. I'm even thinking about going that way instead of the turbo 292 route for my '68 flatbed.

Interesting... that will be the 4th one I know of going into a AD truck..
We've started on our project into our '50 Jimmy 5 window (parts gathering phase over \:\) ).
Another good place is http://www.copart.com , they have locations around the country. You can buy complete wrecked vehicles. The only bad thing is that is some states you need a dealer or salvager license. http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html...eageRange=99999
Yep. Have one in my town. I can look, but not buy unless I am a licensed broker.Not worth the trouble to me to get a license.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board