Inliners International
Posted By: jbrancheck Fenton Headers - 11/05/13 10:41 PM
I've noticed a recent change to the price of Fenton Headers. Some people selling new, delivered for $200. I've also seen a rash of repaired/welded Fentons for sale. Did something change to lower the price? Are these knock offs? Is there a connection to the lower prices and the increase of repaired Fentons? I don't want to waste $200 if they are of inferior quality.

JBrancheck
Inliner #4337
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: Fenton Headers - 11/05/13 11:48 PM
For years, Patrick's was the only authorized dealer of products for the Fenton brand name. So I would check with them before I made any purchase.
Posted By: cletis Re: Fenton Headers - 11/05/13 11:51 PM
They are the same headers. They are being imported by someone other than Patrick. I have been running a set on my 248 for several years with no problems.
Posted By: robertf II# 3850 Re: Fenton Headers - 11/06/13 12:26 PM
If it wasn't for guys like Patrick we wouldn't have a lot of the stuff we do. I'd rather give him my money.
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Fenton Headers - 11/06/13 12:31 PM
Patrick's, some time ago lost a patent infringement suit while trying to hold on to exclusivity for FENTON production and sales. As a result the market is flooded. It drives the price down, but lessens quality.
Posted By: panic Re: Fenton Headers - 11/06/13 01:40 PM
I think you mean trademark.
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Fenton Headers - 11/06/13 06:36 PM
 Originally Posted By: panic
I think you mean trademark.

Well, it has been a while, so perhaps you are correct. I do remember that Patrick Dykes' son wrote an appeal on this site for member support during the case and he that he thought his Dad
was being treated quite unfairly.

I searched it on Inliners, but was unsuccessful.
Posted By: 6inarow I.I. #1475 Re: Fenton Headers - 11/07/13 12:28 AM
Patrick won't say anything bad. But he got screwed on a technicality. Not a lawsuit
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Fenton Headers - 11/07/13 02:30 AM
OK, Here it is. Patricks

The original link no longer works, you'd have to do a search on Stovebolt, but the "bad" guy was Speedy Bill from Speedway. I don't know more than what is here. I don't care. I do not buy enough stuff to make any difference to anyone's business but because of the way Patrick and Phillip have treated me I do my business there. It's not real hard because I'm a GMC guy.
Posted By: robertf II# 3850 Re: Fenton Headers - 11/07/13 02:18 PM
[quote= because of the way Patrick and Phillip have treated me I do my business there. It's not real hard because I'm a GMC guy. [/quote]
My sentiments exactly.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board