Inliners International
Posted By: jesdude 292 cylinder head valves? - 01/02/14 07:54 PM
My engine is an assembled shortblock at this point and just lacks paint but I'm still working on the finishing lumps in the head myself and I already had it machined for stock size valves several months ago before i cut out the bolt bosses. I talked to tom lowe at one point and he recommended that I could keep the stock exhaust valve size but maybe have them increase the intakes from 1.7 to 1.84 IIRC. I believe that's the next size up. The brand of valves the machine shop already got me are SBI. This is because of my lack of parts knowledge before i ever had them start. I looked up the SBI valves website. Some guys online refer to the brand as "rebuilder style" and they are made in china. Should I be okay with them or can someone tell me another brand to use instead maybe?
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: 292 cylinder head valves? - 01/02/14 08:12 PM
Many people have a preference. I have never heard of SBI, and probably wouldn't use them even if they were recommended by a competent shop. I prefer Manley or Ferrea. Tom uses Ferrea also. Many of these companies offer a street valve that is lower cost as well as high end valve, so they have what you need for any budget.
Posted By: jesdude Re: 292 cylinder head valves? - 01/07/14 09:58 AM
I spoke with Tom last night and he told me that the SBI valves would be okay for my application since i'm not going to rev this motor over 5,000. I ordered his roller rockers and rocker studs too.
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: 292 cylinder head valves? - 01/07/14 02:01 PM
We also did used that the boost will be limited to 5-7 psi. Another thing to keep in mind. Boost will not be continuous but sporadic. This will not be hard on the valves.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board