Inliners International
Posted By: Xerxes Finally!!!! - 05/14/15 02:55 PM
Just had to crow a little... Today I finally got my Willy's engine tuned better and at long last running smoothly. Ignition issues finally sorted out. Took a ride around the neighborhood and I'm a happy camper. laugh
Posted By: intergrated j 78 Re: Finally!!!! - 05/14/15 07:55 PM
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. What was the biggest problem that you had? Jay 6155
Posted By: Xerxes Re: Finally!!!! - 05/14/15 08:25 PM
Biggest problem? Eventually turned out to be ignition, although I spent quite a bit of time going through carb/intake (both new) chasing what I thought was a vacuum issue causing a rough idle. All said and done, it was ignition. I finally put another new distributor cap and rotor and it immediately started running smoother. Vacuum at idle came right up to 18. In the mean time I got the choke/ fast idle on the new Weber working correctly along with a few other loose ends tidied up.

I did go around my elbow to get to my thumb, so to speak, but I'm really pleased with the result, finally.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Finally!!!! - 05/15/15 01:06 AM
Way to Go! Easy part...Compression, fuel, fire. Getting it all there at the right time and the right amounts is what makes us so much fun to be around. laugh
© Inliners International Bulletin Board