Inliners International
Posted By: dodgycanuck Boost referenced fuel pump/regulator - 02/20/16 10:44 PM
What pump / regulator are people using?
I haven't checked into it just yet, but I'd like to step up my fuel supply.
Posted By: GWatkiss Re: Boost referenced fuel pump/regulator - 02/22/16 09:28 AM
I'm using the Aeromotive 13301.
Posted By: TurboCamaro Re: Boost referenced fuel pump/regulator - 05/21/16 11:28 PM
My car won't be turbo'd until next week but I'm going to use the stock 250 mechanical fuel pump with a boost reference line. For more info I just happen to have made a video. wink

This should get me to 12PSI or so... we'll see soon enough.
Posted By: dodgycanuck Re: Boost referenced fuel pump/regulator - 05/26/16 12:17 AM
I have a boost referenced mechanical pump right now that works a treat!
Make sure the reference line is a dedicated line! ... I had issues with that.
Posted By: Matt D Re: Boost referenced fuel pump/regulator - 05/26/16 07:56 AM
How do you prevent engine vacuum from going to the pump? Does it have any adverse effects on the pump?
Posted By: dodgycanuck Re: Boost referenced fuel pump/regulator - 05/27/16 11:10 PM
Don't run the line from manifold vacuum. The turbo should have an outlet near the outlet... Use that as your source. That way you get either atmospheric pressure or boost.
Posted By: TurboCamaro Re: Boost referenced fuel pump/regulator - 05/28/16 11:10 PM
Originally Posted By: dodgycanuck
Don't run the line from manifold vacuum. The turbo should have an outlet near the outlet... Use that as your source. That way you get either atmospheric pressure or boost.

Great info thanks! I'm wondering how much boost you're running with your mech pump?
Posted By: dodgycanuck Re: Boost referenced fuel pump/regulator - 05/29/16 09:12 AM
I'm currently at 7 psi.
If you have looked around the forum, you'd probably have seen I was having a fuel issue... This was because I had the reference line tee'd with another. Once I changed to a dedicated line (directly from the turbo), problem solved. I can now hold full throttle as long as I have room for!
© Inliners International Bulletin Board