Inliners International
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Powernation TV project - 03/04/20 11:55 AM
Not too shabby
https://youtu.be/WfyofaN0j3g
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Powernation TV project - 03/04/20 08:28 PM
No it wasn't the only down fall that will show up in a short time is the timing gear will come off. Because it was never heat then installed. They just pressed it on. From what it showed. I have seen that happen way to many times.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Powernation TV project - 03/05/20 12:43 AM
That is great. That would tear my old flatbed apart!
Posted By: Rjonah Re: Powernation TV project - 03/14/20 02:22 AM
Not that I'm an expert but they showed little knowledge regarding inlines. Yes the press on was one issue but they had an engine that was built up compared to stock standards and they were freaking out about boost and never mentioned during the dyno about the fact that, unlike V8s each rod had its own journal or how low the static compression was, nor did they even check to see during the rebuild, or that the engine has a reputation of the bottom ends being reliable and durable. Then the whole thing with dividing the cylinders by 6 and multiplying by 8 and not taking any other engine characteristics into consideration, to me, seemed like comparing apples to some other fruit.

But it was fun to watch since they have only had a few inline builds and this was the 1st perf build I've seen. I like the way they set the turbo up. Though I am curious how the exhaust will effect the long term oil temp/viscosity since it runs right out the valves and under the pan. It also showed there is hope for my inlines to make more than 1HP/Sq in. I know it can be done...I just haven't done it yet.
Posted By: mick53 Re: Powernation TV project - 03/15/20 12:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7rCGda4Ab8
!000 HP 36 Chevy pickup with inline 292. Runs 8.50 on leaf springs.
Posted By: Blackwater Re: Powernation TV project - 03/15/20 01:18 AM
What SOME people don't realize is that the type of spring has little to do with handling. How the spring is mounted and how it is controlled is what counts. The biggest drawbacks to leaf springs are weight and the space it takes to use them!!

Heck!! Even the old transverse leaf spring took on a whole new life under the Corvette over the last forty years!! With the advent of plastic springs and other technologies, that "stupid" leaf spring recently won class in the 24 hours of Le Manns and won several manufacturers championships!!

That spring has no idea what its shape is!! It just holds the vehicle up!!!
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Powernation TV project - 03/15/20 06:55 PM
I still run mono leaf springs in my 64 Pro Street chevyII fully tubbed and a 8point. and I don't find it to be a draw back of any kind. Heck I even have a 2seater between the tubs. And the rear rails are 29&1/4 apart. With 18gal fuel ceil.
Posted By: mick53 Re: Powernation TV project - 03/17/20 10:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Blackwater
What SOME people don't realize is that the type of spring has little to do with handling. How the spring is mounted and how it is controlled is what counts. The biggest drawbacks to leaf springs are weight and the space it takes to use them!!

Heck!! Even the old transverse leaf spring took on a whole new life under the Corvette over the last forty years!! With the advent of plastic springs and other technologies, that "stupid" leaf spring recently won class in the 24 hours of Le Manns and won several manufacturers championships!!
Ditto

That spring has no idea what its shape is!! It just holds the vehicle up!!!
Posted By: GMJager Re: Powernation TV project - 04/27/20 09:47 PM
Definitely fun to watch... i also thought about them pressing the gear on. I know the preferred method is the heated install method, but how did the factory do it?
© Inliners International Bulletin Board