Inliners International
Took some pics of the serentine pulley system I am making for my 250 Chevy.

Alternator,water pump crank,w/power stearing pump,,,, but not there yet.
Plus Paxton pics

Hey guys,
I am looking for a serpentine pulley for the stock power steering pump.
I need something close to being centered like the standard single v-belt pulley.
I have a deep set serpentine pulley,set farther back torwards the firewall.
Maybe you guys know where I can find one?
Thanks

MBHD
sorry, i have commented yet.
looks like a very nicely done setup. it would never fit in my chevelle as there is no room in mine now for a mech fan, because of the aluminum rad.

which pulley is going to used for the PS? is it to be shared with the alt or a seperate belt? have you tried looking at the easy to get 87-92 chevy pickup V8?
tom
Thanks Tom,
the PS pulley will be sharing w/the water pump & alternator pulley,so,, just one belt for all.

I have an aluminum PS pylley,but the offset is too far back.
I need one closer to center.

BTW,,, what aluminum radiator did you go with & electric fan assy? Does it run cool?
I am looking for a universal radiator that is bigger/wider than stock,I would just have to fab some type of mounting hardware/brackets.

MBHD
i am using a generic griffen 2 row radiator. the rows are 1.25 thick. i use 2 electric fans, both are pullers and are each a different size. one is 12 in the other 14? no room for 1 big fan. they turn on with a simple push in the fin thermastat. they never run down the road and seldom in town. the engine keeps rock solid 180 degrees. even the computer tells me that.

i may put in a cooler thermastat to keep the chambers cooler yet. tom
March Performance makes some 6 groove aluminum PS pulleys. They carry them at http://www.summitracing.com

Can you modify the PS bracket to get your current pulley to work?
I really do not want to make my PS bracket again, I will be switching to one of those lightweight all aluminum smaller PS pumps.
I have seen those pulleys @ Summit by March, I also see them @ swapmeets, I'll buy one of those.
Thanks
MBHD
had to go to an 8 rib belt(previously 6 rib)on my blown hemi 6 due to belt slippage problems.how many ribs are you using?
 Originally Posted By: buickroadster
had to go to an 8 rib belt(previously 6 rib)on my blown hemi 6 due to belt slippage problems.how many ribs are you using?

I was using the 6 rib,no slippage problems,the crank blower pulley is a 10 rib,,, IIRC it is 7.250" so it is pretty large OD that way you can run larger blower pulleys & have more belt contact, IE ,no slippage.

Normaly the crank pulleys are 6" for the 6 rib.

MBHD
Hank
Check a Pontiac Grand Am early 90s for the power steering pulley. I don't remember the exact offset but that is what I used
on mine in 04 when I built it. Keep your idlers as large as possible to keep rpms down. I used ones from a chevy truck like the black one in your pictures. I discovered the small ones don't live.
big bill I.I.#4698
Thanks,
I ended up buying a billet March aluminum pulley.
Do you have any pics of your pulley set-up?

MBHD
No it is too tight to get any pictures. I run the ps,alt,water pump off of one belt then run the AC off of a secondary serpintine belt from the water pump. I used a ford dble pulley on the water pump (80s mustang 4 cyl). plus 2 idlers to provide proper pulley wrap.
Here is the setup on my mock-up engine w/new power steering pulley.
MBHD

very nice look!

i wish that would fit in my bay. 1 thing to keep in mind, not all inline heads have the bolt hole/boss you are using for the upper ps bracket. it is the bolt hole on top and at rear. i have run into that before. tom
You are correct about the heads & the bolt hole.
The engine in my car has it & my mock-up head has it, I would have to look @ my other cylinder heads if they have it.

I believe it is the newer heads,like 1969 & newer that have them??? Not all do have them.

Why would this not fit in your engine compartment?
The super charger is not any taller than than a stock valve cover.
The supercharger mounting plate can be trimmed down,it does not have to be that far out to the side.

MBHD
© Inliners International Bulletin Board