Inliners International
Posted By: limequat Name That Regulator! - 03/11/12 10:21 AM
Here's a shot of Jeff Weiser's Regulator taken from the Car Craft article. There's been a lot of wonderment about how Mark Romans was able to tune an early 4200 for boost.

Looks like an Aeromotive boost-referenced regulator to me. Thoughts?

Posted By: copo-rat Re: Name That Regulator! - 03/11/12 10:43 AM
Aren't Magnafuel components that purple-ish color? I thought Aeromotive was black and red?
Posted By: limequat Re: Name That Regulator! - 03/11/12 11:31 AM

Not familiar with magnafuel. I noticed that aeromotive had a similar shape and just figured it was the photo coloring that was off.
Posted By: limequat Re: Name That Regulator! - 03/11/12 11:34 AM

I think you're right. Looks like the white spot near the top is their logo!
Posted By: copo-rat Re: Name That Regulator! - 03/11/12 12:07 PM
What issue of CC was that in?
Posted By: limequat Re: Name That Regulator! - 03/11/12 01:59 PM

Originally June of last year, I think.

Here's the online version:

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ccrp_1108_turbocharged_vortec_inline_six/index.html
Posted By: limequat Re: Name That Regulator! - 03/11/12 01:59 PM

I guess we can't tell from looking if it's rising rate or not.
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Name That Regulator! - 03/11/12 11:15 PM
Whomever built that it's not rising rate, for it to be rising rate (from what I've seen) there would need to be either a larger diaphram for the air (manifold) pressure to act on up top (the end with the adjusting screw and jam nut), or some mechanical tomfoolery internally to do the same, which tends to make the unit taller (shaped kinda like an exhaust pipe coupler).

In that picture it's blown up enough (pixelized) to the point it's not practical to tell which brand it is, as the color will change some when blown up to that extent.

AFAIK they both make one that looks like that (not necessarily identical, but similar enough for me not to be able to tell from that pic \:\( ).
http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnafuel/665/MP-9925/10002/-1

MBHD
© Inliners International Bulletin Board