Inliners International
Hello,

I have a turbocharged inline 250 that is getting a new OFFY intake and possibly a carb swap. I am currently running a Holley 2300 2bbl 350 cfm carb. It is pretty worn out, loose and the throttle blades don't seal just right. Sloppy, you could say.

I picked up another carb, exact same, new for $50. I was wanting to Hanger18' it and was comparing the carb's. They are exactly the same except for the baseplate.

The old one has a set screw that is removable from the bottom and NO ball bearing.

The new one has no set screw and a ball bearing.

Can someone shed some light on this. BTW I never modified the baseplates, just the body.

Here is a pic: its hard to see the screw and ball bearing, but they are both just below the "S"s in small and set.

The ball bearing you are refering to , is the PV blow out protection. If there is a big backfire, the ball goes up and closes the port. Protecting the PV from blowing out.

Do not know what you mean by set screw.

Why not get a small 4 bbl double pumper carb? Like a holley 600 list 4776
You can buy the kit to upgrade to a blowout preventer check valve from Jegs, Summit, etc. The kit comes with the right size drill to modify your base plate. I usually upgrade my carbs with one when they are apart.
 Originally Posted By: tlowe #1716

Do not know what you mean by set screw.

Here is the new one, w/o

Here is the old one, with the set screw.

Also, with the ball bearing. Should there be one there with a blow thru application?
is not the "setscrew" really a removable calibrated orfice like a jet?

ahah, the "setscrew" on the bottom of the baseplate (photo #2) is retaining a checkball shown on the carb body side of the baseplate (photo #1)

Right?...backfire protection for powervalve diaphram, --good idea go ahead and install it in the new one, its cheap insurance.
With the hanger 18 mods you have to eliminate the PV protection. That cavity has to see boost.
Ok thanks.

It's not a set screw, it looks just like a jet.

I found a T3 turbo blanket and exhaust wrap that is not notch for very little money. Highly recommend if in the market for.

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/

Pics to come...
© Inliners International Bulletin Board