Inliners International
Posted By: YXPilot Wanted: 250 throttle linkage and plate - 04/15/22 12:20 AM
Hey everyone!

I found a 250 that has already been switched to the non integrated head to put in my 81 C10. Problem is it came pretty much as just the block and manifolds. Im trying to locate the throttle linkage (the part that the throttle cable and lockdown cable connect to that the connects to the carb, it is mounted on the manifold) and linkage plate (that holds the two cable) to go with a later model non integrated head 250.

I would be so indebted if someone had these.
Trying to figure out what you need. Is it an automatic trans? The throttle body cable? You have the cables and just need the piece where they connect? Do you have a picture of what you need? probably not if you could take a picture of it you wouldn't need it. laugh
Posted By: YXPilot Re: Wanted: 250 throttle linkage and plate - 04/16/22 01:54 AM
I was able to locate the linkage. What I need is the metal plate the kickdown cable and throttle cable mount to, about 6 inches behind the carb, I believe it mounts to the intake manifold. On the integrated heads it mounted on top of the valve cover.

I will work on finding a picture.
I'll take a look in my pile. There is a 292 that had a automatic it is complete. Maybe.......?
Hi,
I found some pictures I had saved:

Attached File
Attached File
Attached File
I don't have anything like that. I found this one today but I need it. I think I may have another like it but not sure.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]I

Attached File
100_0679.JPG  (329 downloads)
Attached File
100_0680.JPG  (244 downloads)
Posted By: YXPilot Re: Wanted: 250 throttle linkage and plate - 04/17/22 03:02 PM
That is what I was referring to as the throttle linkage, though a bit different than mine.

This picture has the bracket I am looking for you can see it holds the throttle cable and kickdown cable.

Thanks again!

Attached File
Bracket JPG.JPG  (48 downloads)
OK. I see now. I don't have that, Sorry. That should not be too to make if you can't find one.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Wanted: 250 throttle linkage and plate - 04/17/22 09:46 PM
Is that a One piece or a two-piece mounted together? I may have to look in my Old linkage pile.
Posted By: YXPilot Re: Wanted: 250 throttle linkage and plate - 04/21/22 01:41 PM
I can�t really find definitive info on that. It looks like it a single piece to me, the latter models had a single piece. Thanks!
Posted By: YXPilot Re: Wanted: 250 throttle linkage and plate - 07/22/22 09:28 PM
I�m still looking for the kickdown bracket if anybody comes across this. They are impossible to find.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board