Inliners International
Hi, I'm in search of a set of finned aluminum side covers for a 1966 Chevy 230. I've been looking for awhile but the dream is still alive! Lol I've checked with tom at 12Bolt, he said that he hasn't had any for a long time and doesn't know when/if he will get anymore so I'm looking for used or on the dusty shelf stuff.
Thanks for looking!
Posted By: chrisg Re: Searching for finned aluminum side covers - 03/24/24 04:29 AM
A possible alternative is the Mercury Marine covers used on the 194/230/250 motors installed in boats. They polish up like aluminum and are finned. I think they are embossed with "MERCURY MARINE", but that could be ground off or just left. The good thing is they are usually on junk motors that aren't worth rebuilding at the boatyards and don't cost much. The last set I got for free if I'd haul the whole motor away. Just call the local boat motor/engine rebuilders or boat repair shop and see if they might have a Mercury Marine straight six chevy and cross your fingers. The Merc Marine valve cover is the same story.
31 Sport Coupe I sent you a PM
12Bolt does have them in stock now.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board