Inliners International
Posted By: Derrick 292 to Ford toploader - 10/07/19 04:38 PM
Anybody happen to have a part # for bellhousing that I can run a 292 with a Ford Toploader?? I was told they were available but can't seem to find
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: 292 to Ford toploader - 10/07/19 06:46 PM
Check Lakewood bell housings call Jegs Or summit Just ask as a SBC to the ford Toploader . Or a Local Speed shop.
Posted By: Blackwater Re: 292 to Ford toploader - 10/07/19 07:34 PM
Advance Adapters has what you need. It ain't cheap at around $430.00 but it'll hook you up solid with almost everything else factory.

Part number 712549 is the ticket. You'll need a Chevy flywheel and clutch cover, a Ford clutch disc, and Advance's throw out bearing. It comes with a clutch fork designed for use in a Chevy bell housing. I think it even includes the pilot bushing/bearing.

I spoke to Vic at Advance and he has what you need. Factory starter will work too, but it may require a different starter nose.
Posted By: Derrick Re: 292 to Ford toploader - 10/09/19 09:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Blackwater
Advance Adapters has what you need. It ain't cheap at around $430.00 but it'll hook you up solid with almost everything else factory.

Part number 712549 is the ticket. You'll need a Chevy flywheel and clutch cover, a Ford clutch disc, and Advance's throw out bearing. It comes with a clutch fork designed for use in a Chevy bell housing. I think it even includes the pilot bushing/bearing.

I spoke to Vic at Advance and he has what you need. Factory starter will work too, but it may require a different starter nose.

Thank you Blackwater but unfortunately I need an SFI bellhousing as will be racing it.
Posted By: Blackwater Re: 292 to Ford toploader - 10/09/19 06:22 PM
Contact Lakewood at 866-464-6553 ask for the Quick Time Dept. They can fix you right up!! You can use the "Long" type pressure plate for better life and performance.

Lakewood will have or can steer you to the proper clutch fork and throw out bearing as well as the correct pilot.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board